Is it possible to plug an HDMI cable from my monitor into the UD-3000 and obtain HMDI level quality?
asked by M. Finkler on November 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
(This message is from the manufacturer)

Thanks for asking! The UD-3000 includes a DVI->HDMI adapter in the box. So yes - any HDMI monitor will work and you'll get full pixel resolution and quality up to the supported resolution (2048x1152).

In the details, the important things to think about are: Regardless of DVI vs. HDMI, all graphics are going over USB -- it's usually indistinguishable, but drivers issues can make a difference. When connecting HDMI via DVI-I, you'll be getting the subset of HDMI features that are also what DVI-I supports. It's just a normal monitor. E.g. there's no support for carrying audio, HDMI stereoscopic 3D, 30bpp, or any of the other fancier features in the later versions of the HDMI spec.

But if you're connecting to a normal HDMI monitor, those aren't going to be issues. Hope that helps. Thanks again!
Bernie Thompson answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Changing my answer because I read this wrong. You can use an adapter to change the DVI to HDMI, but it will not have audio.
Robert Olson answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Don't know. The dock has a DVI port, which I've used on both of our set ups. We run our monitors at high res, 1900 something. They make DVI to HDMI adapter, never used one though... DVI doesnt carry audio like hdmi.
L. Theodore answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If by quality, you mean video quality the answer is yes. You can get a DVI-HDMI dongle and get this to work. If you would like your HDMI to carry audio as well, then this will not work for you.
Kriore answered on November 23, 2012

A
NO, it has only a DVI port.
Edwin Lapuerta answered on November 24, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product