Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Black Dub forum

A possible top 10 pick of the year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2010 1:19:47 PM PDT
For those of you who haven't heard Black Dub, it is a Daniel Lanois project that centers around the vocals of Trixie Whitley. She is very much following in the path of her late father, Chris Whitley, who was perhaps one of the most most unique artists of the day, combining his steel guitar and vocal style into a fusion of blues, rock, and folk. His daughter, Trixie, appears on Rocket House as a back up vocalist on the song "Chain." She's recently been recording music as a soloist and with Black Dub. She has an incredible range and a musical sensibility that is unique as her late father who died in 2005 at the age of 45. It is great to see her carrying on the musical tradition.

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 2:22:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2010 2:25:14 PM PDT
Agreed. Just pre-ordered the album on black dub site and was able to download three songs. I can't wait for the full album to arrive in the mail. Plain amazing. Youtube Trixie Whitley and you won't be disappointed.

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 1:03:39 PM PDT
Sara Miller says:
Be sure to check out the video for "I Believe In You" right here: http://www.vevo.com/watch/black-dub/i-believe-in-you-live-off-the-floor/USZM21000080. Happy listening.

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 1:16:04 PM PDT
Wow. I picked up the vinyl last week and just gave it a second listen, at last. Stunning music, and, as ever with Lanois, a deeply evocative 'sounding' record.

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 12:20:46 PM PDT
Very impressive. NPR is streaming the full album through Nov. 2nd. Can't wait to have it in my hands!

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 3:35:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2010 3:57:42 PM PDT
just got my CD in the mail. Some good stuff. However, many of the tracks I got to love from the Studio videos seem way over-processed to me and I like the raw power and life feeling of the studio tracks better. Maybe this will grow on me.

edit: Ok, cranked up the volume and listened on 5.1. It's growing ;)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Black Dub forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Black Dub
Black Dub by Black Dub (Audio CD - 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars (39)