How much power does the USB interface put out ? The new iPhone and iPad require 10 watts, old USB interfaces are only 3 watt.
asked by Neno Kolonich on May 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
The USB is a data (downstream) port and is thus technically limited to 500ma (2.5w) or 900ma (4.5w) if it is a charging downstream port. Anything more than that and the electrical current would interfere with data transfer. This is not exclusively a limitation of this stereo, this is true for ANY stereo as these are USB standards. A USB port can either transfer data or charge high current devices (those over 900ma), it cannot do both. If you need both, get a Y adapter and connect one side to the stereo and the other side to a cigarette lighter adapter for power. However, the best way is to just charge with a cigarette lighter adapter and connect audio via the AUX input using a 3.5mm stereo male to 3.5mm stereo male cable. Using the iPad/iTouch/iPhone to control the playback is far superior to that of any non touch screen car stereo.
Aaron answered on December 27, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not sure but I know it doesn't charge my iPad. It does charge my iPhone. I really don't think it is for charging at all. It's just for plugging in a flash drive with MP3s on it. I really don't use that feature because it cuts off the first couple seconds of the song and it's just not very convenient to navigate through the music.
Raymond Martinez answered on May 29, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
usb not sure i was meaning power wise on the speaker it only 20 X 4 factory radio was louder
Zach Casler answered on June 7, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
THere is no way of knowing.
Trust me, I'm giving my radios for free.
Gugaboy answered on May 29, 2013

A
I dont think its strong enough for the new iphone and ipad but for the old one it works for sure
Samantha answered on May 29, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product