ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360 forum

pre-ordering off amazon is a pain and they dont even give you what is promised

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 20, 2012 8:59:44 AM PDT
B. Dunn says:
This will be the last time i will pre-order off amazon.. I now have to spend another 10 dollars to just get that new class that comes with the premier club ( meh idc about the guns)

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:19:16 AM PDT
A. Thielen says:
where do you go to even ask amazon for support on something like this?

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:18:41 PM PDT
AgentJ says:
They refused to send you the code or what happened?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 6:23:51 PM PDT
B. Dunn says:
They forward it to marketing and promotion s but I highly doubt they will fix it... Guess I will pre order fro. I gamestop or best buy because I at least get the pre order bonuses and they are also usually better

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:32:12 PM PDT
AgentJ says:
Someone on another thread mentioned chatting live and they can paste it for you to use. Not sure if that works with everyone & good luck, because I couldn't even get an answer on when MY copy will even leave the warehouse... shipping soon for 4 days now! Wahoo!

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 10:48:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2012 11:01:06 PM PDT
Greg Smoger says:
Edit: After chatting with Rafael he gave me my game code over our chat, then i posted our chat on here down below to help people..well after writing this i check my email and not only did they send my game code again in email form but they ALSO sent the 10$ off code as well...SO GO TO CHAT AND MAKE YOUR PROBLEM KNOWN AND IT WILL GET FIXED>> amazon does usually have great customer service.

Original message>> I had the same problem, its been a few days and still no codes, i just chatted with some1 from amazon and he actually gave me my game code (which did work and i used it), but not yet the 10$ amazon promo code, theres somethinmg fishy with that 10$ promo, i think they are trying not to give it to people, anyway here is my convo, maybe this will help someone.......

You are now connected to Rafael from

Me:Hi, i pre ordered borderlands 2 and its been 2 days going on 3 since it was delivered and i have not received the bonus material for the game via email nor the 10$ amazon promotion for preordering. I just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong and that the codes will come...

Rafael:Hello there Greg, my name is Rafael. I'm really sorry for the trouble, let me go ahead and check the details for you.
Greg is this for order number 1?3-8?????0-8?????9?

Me:Ok, thanks Raf
let me check real quick

Rafael:Sure, thanks.

Me:yes sir

Rafael:Great, I'm on the correct order!
Greg, I'm really sorry that you did not receive the promotion codes. A member of our Marketing and Promotions team will need to help you with this; however, they don't have chat support. May you please confirm, your email address please?

Me:My email is..... g???????7@???????.com

Rafael:Thanks, I've sent what we chatted about today to them and you can expect an e-mail response within the next 1-2 business days.

Me:Oh wow another 1 or 2 days, thats not good, i just really want to get the codes, i have been delaying to start playing the game because i want to start with the guns and so forth that come in the bonus material. But thanks for your help...
They should just print the codes on the recipt that ships with the game, but thats neither here nor there, lol

Rafael:I'm really sorry, let me go ahead and check if there's a copy of the game code on the order and I'll provide it to you, however, we may not have the copy of the code for the $10 promo credit.

Me:Ok. So i might be able to get the game codes now but wait for the amazon 10$ code?

Rafael:Yes, you are correct.

Me:Ok, that would work i guess, better than having no codes

I thoroughly checked the order for you and I see that a copy of the game code, here's a copy of the code:

Me:Oh wow thats great, i wonder why it takes so long for the emails to get sent out....anyway i really appreciate the help Rafael, let me write the code on my receipt real quick...and just a quick question, i will still receive the amazon 10$ credit code in my email is that correct?

Rafael:Greg, we are unable to confirm if the order is eligible for the $10 promotion, however, if it is you'll definitely receive an email about this and our promotions team will be able to confirm it with you, please do wait for their reply about this.
Thank you very much for your time and patience Greg. It certainly has been my pleasure to assist you today. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me:Ok. It should be, i only ordered it a day or 2 before the release date but it still is a preorder since the game had not came out yet and the screen said i would receive that promotion. But thank you, i will wait and see if i get the email from the promotions long should i wait, if they do not email me within a few days should i come on chat again or should i email amazon?

Rafael:You can expect an e-mail response within the next 1-2 business days.

Me:Ok, i will be looking for that. You been a great help (as long as the code works), lol, but thank you for your help this evening, its greatly appreciated...

Rafael:You're welcome, my pleasure.Thank you for your time Greg, is there anything else for today?

Me:No that is all for today

Rafael:Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your day. Good bye for now. Take care!
Me:Ok, you too, bye now

Rafael:Thanks, bye.
Rafael from has left the conversation.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 5:45:50 AM PDT
Game Fan says:
Same for me. I have contacted CS by chat three times and no code. Never preordering again with you, Amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 7:07:37 AM PDT
B. Dunn says:
Ya but you was probably noted to get the code for the game and never received it... I asked and they did they have no record supposedly of me getting the code and only the 10 dollars. The this will be the last time I pre order off amazon after my current orders

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:52:00 AM PDT
How do I access the chat feature? I've been looking everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 9:07:55 AM PDT
qphillips12 says:
To receive help or to chat with customer service you click on Help at the top of the website page. Then there is a big yellow button that says Contact us. Click on that and answer all the questions.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 1:11:22 PM PDT
I think Amazon was watching this post about 5 minute after my post I recived my email. I'm sure it was just held up somehow but I'm happy I finally have it.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:23:10 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
Told you to get it at Best Buy! I just got my $20 certificate and $10 certificate and did not have to wait a month like someone said I would. LOL $30 to use on another upcoming game. Looks like I will be getting my next new release for $29! I got my code the next day too for download content....I also heard that stores were out of codes and are waiting on more to be released by the Pub. Beat that deal Amazon and you have my biz back!

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:30:34 AM PDT
how do I "chat" with amazon? I'm missing my pre order code as well

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:33:36 AM PDT
B. Dunn says:
Go to help on top of screen click Contact us and choose order

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 3:05:25 PM PDT
I got shafted on this preorder deal as well. I ordered the Standard edition and got the $ 10.00 dollar credit deal and the premier club code and I also ordered the Vault Hunter's edition but they refuse to give me the premier club code for the second game. Such BS...the premier club code was supposed to be included in EVERY preordered copy of the game:

From amazon website: "- Pre-order Borderlands 2, for Xbox 360 or PS3, and get a $10 ... to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, which includes a Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic, and Gearbox Gunpack. ... This offer will be extended to all pre-orders."

I know for a fact that people who ordered the 4 pack of Borderlands 2 got 4 premier club WTH

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:05:28 AM PDT
C. Boehmer says:
We got the shaft too. Pre-ordered two copies of the Xbox 360 game and after the release date, got an email with only 1 code to get the downloadable content. Now Amazon is saying that their policy is one code per customer. My husband chatted with them online and even talked to someone on the phone explaining if we'd known that we would have submitted two separate orders under each of our names, but they won't give us another code. This is the last time we'll ever order any games from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 12:22:27 PM PDT
SHAME ON YOU AMAZON !!!!!!Total rip-off...I called all of the other retailers who were participating in the preorder premier club bonus and ALL said the same thing...ONE CODE PER GAME...the manager at one location was in disbelief when I explained Amazon's refusal to provide a second code for a second game. Well, I realize I'm just one "lousy" customer, but I cancelled all 15 + of my current "subscribe & save" orders, cleared my wishlist, cancelled my preorder of Assassin's Creed Limited edition, and opted for the Vizio tablet from sam's club instead of the kindle fire.
No more Amazon for me, thank you !!

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:41:54 PM PDT
I have yet to receive my promo code!! ARGHHH!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 2:50:31 PM PDT
DocDeth says:
Same thing for me. Pre-ordered 2 games. One stinking code. No more orders from Scamazon. We are done.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:14:16 PM PDT
Howsare says:
Same story as everyone else. Ordered regular copy and ultimate loot chest. Only one game dlc code and no 10 dollar promo code. I used to receive quality service from amazon but lately it has been lacking.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 7:00:12 PM PDT
B. Dunn says:
Well after a week i gotten the code after customer service went and emailed the marketing and promotions team ( or w/e it is) they emailed me a code for a free download.. After that i emailed them back saying i wanted the premeir club code and finally got another email with that code

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 11:43:10 AM PDT
M. Scott says:
I originally only got the one code even though I ordered two games (fortunately I ordered them as two different orders). I looked on the K2 website about the pre-order promo. Copied it and sent an email to amazon about pre-order code and they responded with a cookie cutter response showing that they didn't read my original email. BUT then I allow the service system of Amazon to have someone call me and I explained the need for two promo code (2 xbox systems) and that the promo is offered by K2 but proceeded by Amazon. I was not angry or verbally hostile but calm and friendly and the service person was able to process a 2nd promo code for Borderland 2 and gave me a $10 credit on my card to make my experience above and beyond. I own a service company and I know through my own experiences, that I am much more willing to help the people who are calm and friendly with extras then the people who act like a**h***s. I hope this helps others to get the additional promo codes that they were shorted from their pre-orders.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:51:37 PM PDT
ValkRaider says:
So, here is what happened with me.

Short Version: GameStop is awesome and totally saved me. Amazon totally screwed me on this one.

Long version:

I pre-ordered two copies of Borderlands 2 back in February, when they announced the "premier club" promotion.

When the game was delivered on September 18, I only was emailed one code for the premier club.

I contacted customer support via online chat, they asked me to wait 24 to 48 hours to get the second code. I did, it never came. So I chatted again. They put in a ticket.

I got an email that said I might get better results if I called. So I called. They apologized and said that they would send it in to their "Marketing and Promotions" team for resolution. 24 hours later I got a "form" email from Marketing and Promotions which says "This was only one offer per household. See details here" and linked to

The link referred me to info about basic Amazon promotions. Nothing about deals which come from the GAME PRODUCERS. Since I know the premier club was from the game producers (and I have confirmation on that from Gearbox) - Amazon's promotion rules don't really apply because it is not their promotion... They are just the administrators. I know people who bought multiple copies from Best Buy and GameStop who had no problem getting their multiple premier club codes.

So I called Amazon again to speak with a supervisor and discuss it. The supervisor agreed, and sent another ticket to Marketing and Promotions. Another day later I get the exact same form email from Marketing and Promotions.

I decided this was not satisfactory and I called to cancel my Prime membership. The customer service supervisor asked why, and I explained it to her. She felt that it was indeed wrong, as I had purchased two games - I should get two codes. She contacted their gaming department, and they agreed. They tried in their system to send me another code but it was just the same one I had been sent already (my first code). They apologized, and said that the Marketing and Promotions department had the tool which would generate a second code. So I told the supervisor that they had responded to me twice already with a basic form email that said I didn't get a second code. She agreed that was a problem, and she put specific instructions in the message that "she knows they say I am only eligible for one code but that she is a customer service supervisor and as a customer satisfaction issue is telling them to make me a second code".

I never heard anything else from that. No response whatsoever, it's been five days since then.

I went in to GameStop today just to browse at lunchtime and was telling them my problem with Amazon. They said "That's really lame, here we can give you a code". They punched something in the cash register, it printed out a premier club code. They said "Next time pre-order with us and we will take care of you". I went home, and put the code in my second XBox and it worked perfectly. I now have both XBoxes with premier club just like I should have been all along, only it was not Amazon who provided me the product I purchased - but instead it was GameStop who helped me out for free just to make a potential customer happy.

I called Amazon customer service tonight and spoke with a supervisor, and told them the whole story. I told them it was really really bad customer service, and she apologized and said it was really bad.

My Amazon Prime subscription was renewed recently so I have almost a year left on it. I will use that for the shipping until it expires, and after that I will think long and hard about buying from Amazon again. Even now though, I will be less likely to just click "Add to Cart" and instead maybe look at other online retailers or buy things locally instead.

They spent an awful lot of Human Resource dollars fighting me on this, something that can't cost them more than pennies and had they just sent it on day one they would have saved personnel resources and kept a happy customer who used to spend a ton with Amazon.

I don't know how many people will read this thread, and I don't even know how many people will really care. But in the end, I would advise using great care when pre-ordering things from Amazon. I certainly have been burned.

I also want to be crystal clear. This is not about anything that I want for free. This is not about putting one over on Amazon and getting something I didn't pay for. I don't want anything like that. I simply want what I paid for, waited 7 months for, and should have received just like everyone else who bought these games at other retailers.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 7:47:29 PM PDT
DocDeth says:

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 3:35:25 PM PDT
DocDeth says:
After days of trying to get scamazon to help, I contacted Gearbox, they said to contact 2K so I did. After providing them proof of what of my order and what scamazon did, they (2K) provided me with my second code. Something that scamazon could have did in the first place. Bad customer service and bogus "one code per customer" BS.

My advise is to contact 2K in the first place and not waste your time on scamazon. Next time pre-order from someone else.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about