I preordered today! If you've read Ann's work over at AHolyExperience.com, you know what this book holds for you. Insight. Simplicity. Grace. And who doesn't yearn for more of these things? I for one cannot wait.

David at www.RedLetterBelievers.com
[UPDATED] asked by David Rupert on October 4, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
I'm just wrapping up Ann's book. I received the manuscript back in November and foolishly didn't start reading until this month! It's amazing!
The Parchment Girl answered on January 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Would this book be okay for a book club with a Jewish member who does believe in God. We've read many books about spirituality such as "Eat, Pray, Love" "The Shack" and "People of the Book"? Just don't want to offend anyone:-(
V. Gasgarth answered on January 24, 2011

A
The key theme in this book revolves around the Eucharist where Chirst initiated the last supper the night he was betrayed. I for one would not shy away from it in the least, but I don't know the members of your group. It is an EXCELLENT book and she may just love it!
Jessica Hudson answered on January 24, 2011

A
Yes, I think it would be appropriate. There are many references to the Psalms as well as to the New Testament writers. It does involve an understanding of the relationship between Jesus and God and those who are believrs in God. It might extend a Jewish believer's understanding of who Christians understand Jesus to be. I do not think it would offend, although I am only in the first third of reading it myself. It has definitely helped me explore my lack of Joy in the faith and in life, although I have experienced a deep sense of gratitude for all the Lord has done for me. I have thought more about myself and my relationship to God while reading this book than I have any other except the Bible. I would not recommend it to those who have not read and reread God's own Word, because without God's Word as the base, it could be misinterpreted; however, couldn't that be true about anything we read?
ReaderLearnerJo answered on January 5, 2012

A
Thx Jessica, I think I will go with it!
V. Gasgarth answered on January 25, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is interesting to me that people are 'ga ga' over this book but we vary in who we are; we were created with unique qualities, responding to what moves us. That's what's so interesting about being a believer. That being said, I would be more apt to recommend the Bible to a Jewish non believer. My husband is a Jewish believer and he discovered his Messiah after reading the book of John. And if you want the most beautiful and prophetic narrative around, try the book of Isaiah, another great read for a non believer.

Challenging non believers with the word of God will test their intellect and beliefs far more than a book trying to explain the greatest Book ever written.

I apoligize for my earlier post, it was impulsive and inconsiderate.
Gayle E. Liman answered on March 2, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Would this book be okay for a book club with a Jewish member who does believe in God. We've read many books about spirituality such as "Eat, Pray, Love" "The Shack" and "People of the Book"? Just don't want to offend anyone:-(
V. Gasgarth answered on January 24, 2011
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 2, 2012 6:48:36 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product