Do the preorders get the free movie ticket?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2012 6:39:49 PM PDT
Sam Beckett says:
Do the preorders get the free movie ticket?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_362855962_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000795521&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0X1ZDX8AQRG6YVTBJ5VE&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1365079282&pf_rd_i=B007ATNHLI

Posted on May 5, 2012 6:35:35 PM PDT
Mike Alvey says:
I am wondering the same thing, I just sent an email to Amazon asking where my ticket codes are. This is bull if pre-orders don't count, you're telling me people who buy it before anyone else get screwed out of getting the tickets?

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:08:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 6:16:27 AM PDT
Sam Beckett says:
amazon responded to me saying they don't count.

But I did just receive an email that said,

"Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We're writing about your recent pre-order of "Men in Black" or "Men in Black II."

Because of your recent purchase from Amazon.com, you are receiving a promotional code which you can redeem for a certificate valid for up to $10 of e-Movie Cash to see the movie Men in Black 3 between 5/1/2012 and 6/25/12 at participating theaters.

Here is your promotional code: test code

Please note: You must redeem your promo code by 7/5/2012. To redeem your promo code and find participating theaters near you, please go to www.sonymoviecash.com/mib3. More details: https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000795521.

This code can be used only once. Offer ends on July 5, 2012. Restrictions apply; see below for details."

I don't think the "test code" is valid :) So it might seem they amazon changed there mind and have started giving tickets to preorders. Hopefully we will get a another email soon with a valid code.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:13:26 AM PDT
Indeed. I, too, received an email with the code "test code." I didn't see any way to get back in contact with them on the email, but I'm going to try to let them know of the slip up.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 11:45:10 AM PDT
I contacted Amazon about the missing code and they're looking into it. The email I got back read:

"Hello,
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused with the promotional code you received for watching Men in Black 3 in theaters.
I need to look into the problem with code received, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.
I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 1-2 business days with more information.
Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Best regards,
Radha V"

So it looks like it may be a few days, but MIB3 isn't coming out for a couple weeks now anyway so I can wait.

Posted on May 16, 2012 11:19:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 11:21:37 AM PDT
I got Men In Black 2 from amazon. It was missing the code. I emailed them and they emailed me the code. Then I get Men In Black from wal mart. (though I had the older blu ray I wanted it to match the second movie and I wanted the digital copy and e cash) There was no code. I emailed Sony and they said it was a promotional thing for the store and to take it back to them. So I did, then I was about to open and check to see if there was something with a code when I realized something. There was a sticker on the outside of the plastic. I do not think it was there before. I tried to take it off but it started to rip. So I took the plastic off carefully. There it was. In the worst possible place for a code to be. On the outside of the plastic that is covering the Blu Ray. Why they stuck it there and not inside the blu ray cause is anyone's guess. So, if you get the movies, make sure there is a sticker that says $10 movie ticket offer on the outside of the plastic. There is one on the actual outside case as well, but it has no code. Seems like a stupid place to put a code. Most probably rip the plastic off and never even look at it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 1, 2012
Latest post:  May 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Men in Black (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy)  [Blu-ray]
Men in Black (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] by Tommy Lee Jones (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (530)