Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 6, 2012 7:50:59 AM PDT
Lola Haugen says:
My Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT is only 3 months old and suddenly all that appears when turned on is "press dot" and if I do the "press dot" appears elsewhere on the screen. Nothing else appears- -battery does not seem to be the problem.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 8:50:46 PM PDT
Sui Lin Chee says:
Try a reboot -- hold the Power button for 10 seconds. Then, try Garmin.com for FAQ and their email customer support. I have no other ideas.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 7:36:04 AM PDT
It's calibrating the touch screen. Mine did that too. I figured I had accidentally pushed a button or something when it was charging in my center console. In any case, I pressed the dots as they appeared then got a pop up that said calibration was complete and that was that... no more dots. GPS works fine afterwards.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 4:46:58 PM PST
Kat says:
You can fix this within a minute. You need to use a plastic tool (I used the corner tip of a plastic ruler) and precisely touch the screen WITHIN the dot. Do not let it overlap on to the white space. After 6-12 times - it's fixed! It is some kind of calibration function. Thanks to finding the answer on another site, I wanted to pay it forward when I saw this and help you folks too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 7:29:30 PM PDT
Thanks so much for your post; I had thought I would be saying goodbye to my GPS unit, Kat. It works just fine now. Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2014 7:11:14 AM PST
Thank you so much!!! Your solution was the only one that worked. I thought my husband was going to kill me because I let our 2 year old play with it after it appeared which he thought made it worse. Thanks again :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2015 9:27:06 AM PDT
thank you so much I was just on my way to Calgary you saved my day...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 1, 2015

Search Customer Discussions