price fluctuation What's with the price on this thing? I've been thinking about buying it, but everytime I see a nice price, and pool some $ together it shoots up 20 bucks. What up with that, y'all?
asked by Illinois JRK on October 27, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
vote
try camelcamelcamel.com to follow the price of this product overtime
Adam answered on October 27, 2010

A
vote
I have used that site for other products, but I was just curious. I guess I haven't tracked a product for so long before on Amazon. I used to search and buy on the spot, but these days I have to think it through a bit. Just surprised a simple thing like a keyboard goes up and down daily on price.
Illinois JRK answered on October 27, 2010

A
vote
I ordered this keyboard at 4 pm yesterday. At 8am today, I checked back to read some more reviews and check on my order's status. It had already been shipped !!
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the price had dropped by THIRTY DOLLARS in only a few hours !!!
It took quite a while to find a way to address the pricing issue, but when all was said and done, Amazon.com made good and made the appropriate adjustment.
As for the almost-daily price adjustments on many items -- Yes, Amazon does it, and yes, it's downright annoying !!
HOWEVER, if you check around with other on-line merchants, such as Newegg, for example, you'll find that it's a common practice among on-line retailers.
But hey, it's no different than the gasoline price dropping the day after you filled your tank.
Ya win some -- and ya lose some. Just try not to get any on yerself, OK !??
P.S. -- What frosts my pumpkin is those damned "rebate offers" that are such a hassle to use, and are so often a miserable disappointment.
The merchants "offer" these rebates as an incentive to BUY, but are relying on the unwieldy nature of the rebate forms and terms of use to discourage the buyer from actually collecting the rebates !!
Screw the rebates and the companies that offer them !!! Just take the so-called "rebate" amount off the price of the product at the register -- now, THAT'S a "rebate" that will get me to buy your product !!!
C. Hallowell answered on November 25, 2010

A
votes
I just ordered this keyboard two days ago for 59.99, yesterday was 49.99, and today 79.99 and the mail-in rebate form for $20 is gone from amazon website.
I also have a habit on ordering on spot, but had to order some tools. I put them in the cart, but waited couple of days to actually order (waiting for my paycheck to come in mail).
This how I noticed the sudden and sometimes dramatic price changes on amazon. I use firefox, so I found camelcamelcamel.com addon to it. It save me some money so far.
However, I also did not used it on this keyboard (on spot buy), just one day and I could save $10 on it. Still 59.99 is still below average of $63 as reported by camel and I will get $20 back with
mail-in rebate.
Best
Adam answered on October 27, 2010

A
votes
their prices can fluctuate in a store too, but generally they are fixed on a tag, not changing hourly like on a computer.. basic laws say they can change every minute up to the point where they sell one, then it can't change again until tomorrow. simple info says people shop less on wednesday so price may be lower Wed than Friday when everyone has a paycheck.

Amazon also has the ability to track how often you view a product, If I knew you were coming back repeatedly to look at an item, or the item suddenly got way more hits than usual, I would assume sales will go up and so would my price. this is common practice with online retailers.

Amazon has to make money too, just like the rest of us. what you need to learn is how NOT to trigger price inflation on items you want. stop browsing it until you buy and if you do browse to watch price don't do it logged in! if you think you've found the bottom price, put it in your cart.
I placed an inflatable boat in my cart at the low and the price stayed fixed for 4 weeks until i checked out. the day after I ordered it jumped 30%
C. Battista answered on April 25, 2012

A
votes
Haha. I went with another keyboard and have been pleased. Good advice though, I'll stop my usual browsing habits when I become obsessed with an item. Thanks.
Illinois JRK answered on April 25, 2012

A
votes
As of June, 2013, you can get this at Staples (in store or online) or the Logitech Web site (and elsewhere, I'm sure) for $79.99. It's way overpriced at Amazon, probably because it's sold by a third-party vendor (and, the vendor seems to keep changing).
Bundolo answered on June 28, 2013

A
votes
I bought at Office Depot for $60 on sale. Great keyboard. I wouldn't be unhappy if I'd paid more.
RH answered on October 22, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›