Customer Discussions > Kill Shot (Mitch Rapp) forum

prices just keep going up and up on the kindle books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2012 1:21:40 PM PST
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED TO SEE VINCE FLYNN'S NEWEST BOOK OUT THAT IS SELLING FOR $14.99 KINDLE VERSION!!! MIGHT AS WELL BUY THE HARD COVER!!! OR GUESS FIND NEW AUTHORS!!! What a shame ....times are tuff...people should not have to pay this much!!!

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 1:37:54 PM PST
Shannon H says:
I've been disappointed to see that none of Vince Flynn's books are available for my Kindle through my library.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 6:02:19 PM PST
Disappointed prices keep going up!

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 6:37:05 PM PST
I bought the hardcover and plan on selling it after I read it. You can't do that with a Kindle Book. It seems that the publishers really don't want to see the electronic e-book industry make it. Truly sad. They did the right thing giving away "Transfer of Power" with excerpts over the holidays on the Kindle, but the $0.26 price difference made me go hardcover over digital.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 3:30:24 AM PST
If this keeps up..our Library's will be super busy!!! I just don't have the time to keep on a reading schedule!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 12:37:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2012 12:43:17 PM PST
Suggestion....buy the audiobook, listen to it once then resell it on ebay. You can get most of your money back (50%) or more with a Mitch Rapp book.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 12:48:30 PM PST
that is a great idea....haven't done the audio books yet!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 1:03:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2012 12:42:39 PM PST
I have a huge library of audiobooks..before my Nook days...now I only buy the bestsellers that I have already collected..and just resell them on Ebay. Most of the time you get back about 60 - 70% of your initial purchase. It helps out when buying more books! .

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 5:26:54 PM PST
I thought I'dbuy more Kindle books but I don't like paying almost as much as for a printed copy. So I still buy more paperbacks and hardbacks simply to have a commodity I can resell or trade. I'd buy more if they had a more reasonable price.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 11:32:42 AM PST
Michael says:
This only reason I won't buy a Kindle is that the Kindle books are way over priced. I'll keep buying books and reselling them. Kindle books ought to be selling for 6.99 or 7.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 12:47:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2012 12:48:13 PM PST
Yes you are correct.....now I wish I didn't have mine!!!! ALTHOUGH there are many free books and lower price books I also want to buy the newer ones!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:18:15 PM PST
For those of you who are concerned about ebook prices...READ this article at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/technology/11reader.html

Maybe it is time for a boycott of best selling authors/books. The publishers are the ones that pushed Amazon to raise the prices. Amazon fought them for a while. I am willing to bet that B&N didn't care. I have a Nook so I know what everyones concern is. I flat out REFUSE to pay the $14.99. I wait until it comes down or I buy an MP3 and resell it on Ebay.

WE DO HAVE A CHOICE FOLKS!!!!!!!! EXERCISE IT!!!!!!!

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 1:18:53 PM PST
For those of you who are concerned about ebook prices...READ this article at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/technology/11reader.html

Maybe it is time for a boycott of best selling authors/books. The publishers are the ones that pushed Amazon to raise the prices. Amazon fought them for a while. I am willing to bet that B&N didn't care. I have a Nook so I know what everyones concern is. I flat out REFUSE to pay the $14.99. I wait until it comes down or I buy an MP3 and resell it on Ebay.

WE DO HAVE A CHOICE FOLKS!!!!!!!! EXERCISE IT!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2012 12:14:15 PM PST
J. Geygan says:
I agree completely. I also feel that the E-books get less editing. Every e-book I have bought in the last year has suffered from atrocious editing. The price may be lower but these are still books that are being purchased. It's unfathomable to me how a publisher can let these books go out with the poor editing done on them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2012 12:40:20 PM PST
Amen to the poor editing. I have often wondered who does it. I am from the old school. If you can't spell or punctuate...don't be in that business.

I just put it off to my favorite saying: You just can't get good help anymore...lol!

We send children out into the world with a high school diploma, even college degrees and they can hardly spell the word Graduate!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 3:35:58 AM PDT
John Alston says:
I totally agree. There are no production or distribution costs associated with e-books so there can be no logical explanation for the higher kindle price. .... other than a major cash grab. I have read and enjoyed all of Vince Flynn's books but I will not purchase Kill Shot.

Posted on May 7, 2012 4:08:14 AM PDT
I have written to this post awhile ago, and since then I have been purchasing a lot of .99 kindle books and they are great!!! PLUS if you belong to AMAZON PRIME you can borrow certain books. The publishers of the big authors are going to regret raising these prices of KINDLE's. I for one will not be purchasing them...I will go to the Library if it becomes an issue that I have to read a VINCE FLYNN novel!! It's too bad...because I love his work and many other top writers!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2012
Latest post:  May 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kill Shot (Mitch Rapp)
Kill Shot (Mitch Rapp) by Vince Flynn (Hardcover - February 7, 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (1,353)