No printed manual with this camera? I've read elsewhere that Canon is not bundling a printed manual with the SX30IS. It's only available on the software package.

I downloaded the on-line version but it has a big C O P Y stamp over every page that often obscures the text.

This is a real bummer. Anyone know where a print manual without the COPY watermark might be found?

Thanks
asked by Oscar Levant on November 4, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 answers
A
I would call Canon and bitch them out. Sadly, it seems like all the manufacturer are doing the same thing and I think it's a crock. Who wants to sit at the PC and read what I heard is a 96 page manual with COPY stamped on it. I was going to buy the 20is and found out there was no manual. I don't have to have a Canon for a P&S, I would rather find one with a manual, which I haven't yet.
J. Walker answered on December 8, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I finally bought this camera. I purchased 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" maual from manualsink.com for $14 plus $2.99 S & H(actual postage $2.38)
I ordered it on Dec 1(Wed) and receive it today Dec 3(Fri) It may have helped that I live in the same state(NC) It is nice to be able
to flip from 1 section to another! They also include a link that let's you view manual online until your book arrives. That worked OK
but I never looked at CD that came with camera to compare ease of use.
New Rack Owner answered on December 3, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, all of these suggestions sound good. I miss the little bound 3x5 handbook they supplied. It fit well in a jeans back pocket when hiking. It is not a deal breaker, but just a handy reference.
Oscar Levant answered on January 5, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I finally looked at the CD manual and it's easy to use but I like the hard copy better. I called Canon with
a technical question(that turned out to be fairly quick and easy) and the guy said he could send me
a printed manual. I just assumed without cost. Might be worth checking out before buying a manual on-line.
Very happy with tech support!
New Rack Owner answered on January 10, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hardly any these days. It's a great opportunity for third-party folks to fill that gap.
Oscar Levant answered on May 4, 2011

A
I have been happy with www.manualsink.com for third party providers offering spiral bound manuals in various sizes. Great in the field.
Oscar Levant answered on May 16, 2011

A
I too want a sm user manuel. I contacted CAnon and filed my displeasure with this CD product.. at end of converstation she offered to send me a PRINTED MANUAL.. not the minature one that I wanted but it was shipped today... I also asked her to submit my complaint to product development and customer service... with one big statement YOU CANNOT TAKE A CD INTO THE FIELD.... a user manual esp with the superzoom/ hi end point and shoot should be standard.. but they won't offer you don't complain to the Company directly.
Mocha's Mom answered on June 29, 2011

A
Thanks - did find them, but they don't have the handy 3x5 size. Not a big deal, I guess. I printed out the .pdf file and placed it in an 8x10 notebook for reference.
Oscar Levant answered on November 8, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the info. I never thought to look before I posted my nasty note about no camera manuals. There appears to be several places that I found doing a google search. Once again saved by the 3rd party folks. Thanks mucho for the info.Now I can buy a P&S and not worry about the missing manual.
J. Walker answered on December 8, 2010

A
Why pay for something already in the box? In the box there is a 35 page getting started (written) manual then there is the CD with a more comprehensive user guide along with the software. The guide is a 196 page .pdf with NO watermarks. Trust me, I just got this camera for Christmas and I have the .pdf open right now.
Eli answered on December 30, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product