How well will the printer function for office applications and CAD drawings using standard 11 x 17 bond paper ?
asked by DVHar on May 14, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
I haven't used actual bond paper in the printer, but I've used just about every other type of paper available, including stickers and iron-on decals with the prints being nothing less then perfect. I print layouts and diagrams from AutoCAD on Epson 13"x19" paper. Prints are perfect, however if you're printing to scale and will use the prints for measurement reference, the options include a setting to extending the picture slightly past its borders... basically, it makes the image slightly larger to assure no white borders when printing photos. You'll probably want to turn this option off, otherwise there'll be very small degree of error in the print's scaling.
Steve answered on May 15, 2013

A
vote
As far as print quality it does an excellent job on photographs so I imagine it should handle the precision of CAD. The text doc that I have printed are excellent quality. It also has a custom size option so you can set it to any size up to 13x19. I am a professional photographer and have been very pleased with this printer.
J. Grafton answered on May 15, 2013

A
votes
This printer is used strictly to print photographs so I cannot vouch for its acceptability for other applications. The photos it produces are excellent and comparable or better to those printed commercially. While we have had this printer only a short time, we have been very pleased with it. Ink tanks are pricey.
Cam answered on May 16, 2013

A
votes
My experience has been with photographs and photo paper only. It does a beautiful job with photos. If it accepts bond paper I'm sure it will do a good job for you.
G. Brant answered on May 15, 2013

A
votes
As far as print quality it does an excllent job on photographs so I imagine it should handle the precision of CAD. It isn't a real high volume printer so I think for everyday office tasks as long as you don't need a bunch of pages super quick it should be adequate. The ink is $17USD/ cart. and it doesn't have a dedicated black for non-photo so it may be expensive/ non-water proof. I haven't tested it's water proof-ness myself.
Amazon Customer answered on May 15, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›