Is the only problem the cloud. Will the desk top function well?
asked by RICHARD HUBBARD on December 31, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
No, I experienced issues with the desktop budgeting. The cloud was one of the reasons I tried it out, but the budgeting is too messed up to use.
Clay R Rich answered on December 31, 2012

A
vote
The desktop works fine. The only issues seem to be with the cloud and the mobile apps.
Chris From Minnesota answered on December 31, 2012

A
votes
I only use the desktop and have had no problems. The only complaints I have seen from others is about the cloud.
RK answered on January 1, 2013

A
votes
The Quicken Deluxe I reviewed was not a download as I purchased the Disk version and wanted try it on several machines and so was easier than using a downloaded version.

To answer the question -
The cloud is a problem which is also needed for the Mobile Quicken included with Version 13 so neither of these will work from the UK unless you're working in $ with a $ US bank account recognised within quicken.
As UK banks are not recognised this also rules out direct payments from within quicken which update online bank accounts in the US only which means downloads of transactions from uk bank accounts don't work either.

The main Quicken window ( I presume this is what is referred to as the desktop ) works fine if you don't want the functionality mentioned previously but all reports imported across from Quicken Deluxe 2000 to Quicken Deluxe 2013 and the budget functionality seems to work ok as well but I haven't used this extensively yet.
One other thing to mention is that on conversion from Quicken 2000 to Quicken 2013 I had to pass the existing quicken 2000 `live' datafile through Quicken Version 2004 before it would convert for use in quicken 2013. This is an easy process and Intuit Customer Care gave me access to download the 2004 version for free which makes the datafile readable and then can be brought into version 2013. Unfortunately if you're in the UK and want GBP Bank accounts the conversion process assumes all bank accounts are US $ accounts and are headed that way on conversion. The option then are either to put up with the values showing $ even though you know they are GBP or turn on Multi-Currency Functionality and set your home currency to Pounds Sterling. If you then set up new accounts they will be in GBP and you can then Copy/Paste all transaction from the $ accounts into the GBP accounts and then delete the $ version to leave things in GBP as required.
Chris Hasler answered on January 1, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›