Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
My problem is with this drive dropping out and demounting for no apparent reason. Anyone else?
asked by Birck on November 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Watcher answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had that at the beginning, the drive was popping on and off however I am using a USB cable extension and it wasn't connected securely to the drive cable. Once firmly secured, no more issues and the drive is running 24/7 on a server.
Frenchyaz answered on November 26, 2012
Comments (3) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I have. I received my drive yesterday. I installed the drivers onto my HTPC and plugged it in. I set WMC to record TV shows onto the drive. It seemed to work ok. I put my Windows 8 HTPC to sleep at night. I came back today and saw that none of my scheduled shows were recorded. WTF? So I discover that the drive isn't being detected. I tried replugging the cables, restarting the drive, etc. Nothing. As a last resort I rebooted. That did it; but that's not a very auspicious sign. Another instance of this, I'm returning this drive.
Amzn Customer answered on December 20, 2012
Comments (4) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It did to start with, the slightest vibration made it disconnect, not doing so any more. I think it was the fact it was a new drive and a new usb3 card, got better the more it was unplugged and replugged which polished the connectors.
Ty A. Thompson answered on March 6, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine did the same after very light usage and within the first 6 months. However, it was not the usb interface board as I opened the case and tested it hoping that I could retrieve my data. With special external hardware SATA to USB interface, and power supply, the drive still would not respond other than making a buzzing sound (1 per second) trying to start. Sounded like a stuck head on the platter. I lost all my data due to this hardware failure. Seagate would not attempt to recover the data without a $150 additional fee, but they did accept a hardware return with a recertified replacement.
George Washington answered on April 15, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
not so far...
Maxy answered on November 24, 2012
Comments (3) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product