Having problems or no problems with T2 Skynet Ed. Blu-ray? Post about your experience here! Thinking of buying it? Read this discussion first!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2009 7:43:08 AM PDT
Hectic says:
Seeing as there seems to be a good number of people complaining that this blu-ray won't play properly in certain players, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new discussion thread where people who are having problems could post about it. Give your problem, the brand/model of blu-ray player you have and what you tried (if anything) to fix the issue. (update firmware, contact tech support and what they said, a link to another website you researched about the problem, etc.) If you're not having problems and the disc plays fine, tell us too! Give the brand/model player you have and your experience. People should also post if they have any HELPFUL suggestions.

I can tell you that personally, I haven't had any issues with this disc. It plays in every form of blu-ray player I own! From my standalone players (Sony BDP-S350 & LG BD-370) to my desktop (ASUS BD-ROM, ASUS ATI 4870 video card, Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 software) and laptop (HP Pavilion dv6700t, 256MB Nvidia video card, HP Quickplay software) computers. The disc seems to be more complex than most. I was only able to connect to the BD-Live stuff through my computers since I don't have the standalone players connected to the internet. There are a lot of extras with complex features. I suppose the Java programming and the BD-Live are reasons it won't play on older players or not without a firmware update. I would strongly urge anyone to check and make sure they do have the latest firmware (if available) for your blu-ray player! This will help insure the latest discs will play! (Most of the time!) If none exists, contact the manufacturer of your player and tell them your problem and that they need to put an update out ASAP! It may take some time, but hopefully they should put it out eventually.

Lastly, I know all this updating firmware and certain discs not playing business is a pain for most people, but keep in mind, blu-ray is a new technology that has some bugs. Updates, unfortunately, are necessary to keep the players up-to-date for some newer discs. Soon it shouldn't be necessary to do it anymore once they have the disc standards/profile finalized.

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 10:54:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2009 10:56:15 AM PDT
KAL-EL says:
I have the 40gb PS3 and thankfully had no problems with the disc. Most likely because the PS3 is probably still one of the most stable players on the market. I do sympathize with my fellow movie watchers here who have been having problems with their Blu-ray players.

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 11:07:39 PM PDT
Dr. Fresh says:
I have the Panasonic BD35K and no problems playing. However, loading is a bit slow, but so was My Bloody Valentine {also lionsgate} and THAT disc had the weather and location on the menu screen as well. It also seems that the response time from remote to menu screen lags a bit, especially when trying to register during the BD-Live stuff. This could be the Java factor though.

All in all, the movie played fine and loaded with no errors.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 11:58:36 PM PDT
Earmullet says:
I posted this on another discussion, but am posting it here as well because it seems relevant.

So I wrote Samsung about this problem and here is what they replied. (Regarding the BD-P1400.)

"Due to the constant changes made in developing Bluray technology there will still be some discs that will not play until a firmware upgrade is created to resolve the compatiblity issue. At this time there is not one that will allow that movie to play. Please continue to check for firmware upgrades."

My original message:

"I am writing regarding the Samsung BD-P 1400 that I purchased a little of a year ago. Recently I purchased the 'T2 Skynet Edition' released by Lionsgate Home Video. Much to my dismay (and many others reading about this problem online) the disc is unable to load on the player. While I have contacted Lionsgate regarding the lack of including which type of Blu-ray players could actually play the disc, I am finding out that many discs in the near future will unlikely be able to play on players such as the BD-P1400. I have the most up-to-date firmware and also have a Samsung 1080p 46' flatscreen, but am confronted with a nagging question. How long will it be until I have to buy a new blu-ray player? I purchased the player at Best Buy and also purchased a 3 year warranty plan, since this time the player has all but vanished from the consumer market. So my question to you is, does Samsung offer a rebate or trade-in on players so new to the market ! yet so quickly obsolete? The price on the player was marked $350.00, and now I am having to face the reality that I might have to spend this amount or more on another player. Frankly, this does not make much sense. If this is the case I would hope Samsung could work with the consumer in being able to upgrade on such a product. While I find Samsung to be a far more superior product than it's competitors, I will no longer be buying a Samsung product unless I can get some sort of compensation for what the BD-P1400 is quickly becoming ...unusable. If you could please reply, it would be greatly appreciated."

If anyone is having the same problem with the same player copy and past this complaint until the problem gets fixed; ridiculous.

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 7:04:19 PM PDT
J. Keith says:
I have a have an LG GGC-H20L and Powerdvd 7 Ultra-plays everything fine except this. Get to the menus usually just before it crashes. Very Frustrating. Ripped it just fine, so I am not sure what they accomplished...

Posted on Aug 11, 2009 3:59:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2009 4:05:32 AM PDT
So my 1.1 player will not play this?

EDIT: I found this post in the Blu-Ray forum (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=2134049#post2134049), which claims it *will* work on 1.0 players. But I would like confirmation from somebody who has tried it if possible...

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 7:37:36 PM PDT
Bud says:
I tried playing this on a PC Blu-ray player that is not BD-Live capable. I could not get past the menus and watch the movie. It did work in another BD-Live capable player, but slow loading and generally useless addition. A lot of technology that just adds trouble and slows things down. I am a Blu-ray noob, but I will avoid BD-Live in the future. If I would have known, I would have gotten the non-Skynet version. I guess studios and equipment manufacturers want to be more like Microsoft, forcing you to upgrade every year while shoving a lot of pork at you that you didn't ask for.

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 1:22:48 PM PST
Hmm my LG player won't play this, it's 2 months old, very disappointed!

Posted on Dec 8, 2009 5:21:50 AM PST
ScoobyDooFan says:
I've have had no problems with this on my PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2009 7:53:42 AM PST
I can now confirm that this plays without problems on my off-brand 1.1 player (Techsonic). Yay!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 10:35:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2009 10:41:03 AM PST
Dale says:
Yahoo! Samsung finally released another firmware upgrade to the 1400 and other players so now this disc finally works (Star Trek too!). I was getting a little frustrated. Some internet features only available on 2.0 players. The uncompressed soundtrack is amazingly better, so the skynet edition is worth the upgrade if you have a good sound system.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 10:59:51 AM PDT
S. Strain says:
Has anyone had the problem where the T2 Skynet version wont play. I have a Sony BDP-N460 with the latest firmware (191) and I get an "Invalid" code when I insert the disc. Sony help has been worthless.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 1:48:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012 1:49:15 PM PDT
R. Chapman says:
I couldn't get the T2 Skynet version to play on my 2 month old Panasonic Blu-Ray. It took over 15 minutes to load, then froze up on a black screen. I attempted a firmware update, but was told everything was up to date. Worthless disc.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:33:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2012 5:35:05 PM PDT
T. Mckenny says:
Disk would not play in a RCA RTB1013 player with the latest firmware upgrades.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 4:50:36 PM PDT
Serkan Okar says:
I have SONY Blu-ray player BDP-S580. I can play the movie fine but none of the extra features are functioning properly (maybe a few). My firmware is up-to-date. Since my Blu-ray player has wireless internet connection, it is very easy to update software with high-speed wireless internet connection. I tried the special features under "INTERACTIVE MODES" (well, except for the "activate interactive mode" since I didn't have enough data storage) and none of them worked. From looking at the way the menu selections behave, I get the impression that I could select all the other choices such as "Visual Implants" or "Trivia Data Overlay" but they don't work. Maybe I am supposed to activate interactive mode first before I can select the other options ? If that's the case, I don't think it's very clear. I also tried to Optimize THX but I couldn't get past the testing part. My speakers tested well but the test wouldn't just stop, it would re-start all over and I couldn't get past the test no matter what. I had to stop the disc and re-load. So, I believe there is definitely some functionality issues with Skynet Blu-ray edition. Lions Gate really should have designed this more user-friendly.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:17:30 PM PST
All Blu-Rays should be able to show everything that's on the disks/just like dvd, and anything online that might have to be added later then a firmware update should probably be required!

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 9:37:02 PM PST
It won't play on my Magnavox Blu Ray player even with latest firmware.Bought the movie back last spring from Amazon.Really disappointing!

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 8:09:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2013 8:20:30 AM PDT
E. Horton says:
Don't have a copy of the [[ASIN:B002HLJ0DI blu-ray yet, but looking to make sure the Region free German import will work in a US 320gb PS3?
Thanks,
ericbenjaminhorton@yahoo.com

Posted on May 13, 2013 9:29:34 PM PDT
Brian Uyeda says:
I have a Sony Blu-ray player with the most current firmware and was built AFTER the T2 Blu-ray was released. I can play the Blu-ray, but have encountered bugs with the authoring. So even if you have the most current and up-to-date Blu-ray player, you'll still have troubles with this disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 1:56:42 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 8, 2014 8:16:48 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 10:56:24 PM PST
Jake Coker says:
Mine loads quickly but then it goes to a screen that shows an outline of the United States and it just sits there and doesn't move.

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 7:10:15 PM PST
Chris says:
I just received the anthology. I have a Panasonic bdt-220 brand new and an xbox360. All firmware is updated and it will not play terminator 2 on either system. The sky net nonsense comes up and after pressing cancel it just freezes. Beyond disappointed. Totally unacceptable actually. One of my favorite movie series of all time and it won't play the second movie. Buyer beware.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2014 6:53:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2014 7:04:19 AM PDT
Perry S says:
I did have the bdt 220. Bought it used for $135. nothing worked. Took it back, bought a new Panasonic DB-871 at wally world for $78, Its like the same machine for cheaper, but I had the same problem with a few discs, some one told me to put in a USB flash drive, it didn't work at first, but after a few attempts and a Very Long wait for it to load The main menu finally came up and I was able to play the DVD, It did this with Terminator (sky net addition), Crank, and a few others. I leave the Flash dive in all the time now and everything plays after a bit of a wait.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Terminator 2: Judgment Day by Arnold Schwarzenegger (DVD - 1997)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,480)