Has anyone else had problems with Monsters Inc Blu shutting down their surround sound speakers?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2009 12:05:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2009 12:09:50 AM PST
David Laine says:
I must have tried this a half dozen times. At about 51 minutes into the movie, when a couple of characters are sneaking into another character's secret lair (don't want to spoil anything if you haven't seen it yet), my surround sound speakers suddenly shut down at the same exact second each time. This has never happened with any other movie, Blu or otherwise, that I've watched. It only happens at that one point, and it's always the same exact moment. Simply rebooting the speakers got things working again. When I tried watching the movie with no surround sound speakers, it was fine--no audio interruption.

I'm watching on a Sony PS3, hooked up to a Sony Bravia 1080p HDTV, in turn hooked up to a Sony 5.1 home speaker system. Both connections are made with HDMI cables. As I said, this has never been an issue before so I'm very confused. Please let me know if you've either had similar issues, or if your experience has been totally fine. Or let me know if there's something I might not be considering that might help. I'm thinking about exchanging for a new copy.

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2010 12:54:25 PM PST
Cal Wall says:
I've had the exact same problem with my copy. I exchanged it for another copy and had the same thing happen all over again. Were you finally able to get a copy that works correctly?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2010 1:27:06 PM PST
David Laine says:
Here's what I did, which strangely worked. I can't explain why.

My speaker system has 3 sound modes: Music, Movie, and Auto. Music is in 2.1 non-surround sound. It's just for your average stereo music. Movie is in 5.1 surround sound. It's for everything else. Auto looks at whatever you're playing and chooses whether to play back in stereo or surround.

Up until Monsters, Inc., I played everything in either Movie or Music, switching sound modes depending on what I was using the system for. So it pretty much just stayed in Movie most of the time. While I was fiddling around with Monsters Inc, I decided to try it on Auto mode instead of Movie. For some reason, it suddenly worked. No more cutting out at 51 minutes.

I have no idea why Monsters Inc. didn't like Movie Mode on my speakers, but just switching to Auto did the trick. I hope that helps!

David

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 9:20:54 AM PST
Just got Monsters Inc on Blue Ray. Sony Bravia and Sony theater sys. Everything works fine - previews, menus, etc - until the movie begins then zip! No audio. Switch to TV speakers no problem, audio works. Back to theater system no audio. Switched sound modes to movie, sports, auto, etc. Nothing. Changed audio to French, Spanish and commentary and they all worked through the theater system but not the 5.1 digital audio. Any ideas?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about