does this product come with connecting cables to a TV? I'm trying to replace an old TV that had Dvr/ Vcr already as one piece.
asked by Louise Werthman-Mitchell on February 24, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
Yes. It came with standard audio/video cables (yellow, white, red connectors) approximately 3-4 feet in length. No HDMI connection available on the device.

Hope this helps!
Jack C. answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
It comes with the cables that have the red, yellow and white connectors (I can't remember what they're called). I was able to easily connect it to my t.v. and watch both video cassettes and dvd's. I can't record with the VCR, however. I think I would need another set of cables to be able to do this.
Teresa D. Markham answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
This device came with basic connecting cables to a TV. But, it is not a traditional VCR. I has no tuner of its own and will only record the program currently being watched on the TV. So, you can't recorde one thing and watch another. I bought this only because I wanted a conbination VHS tape player and dvd player. My grandsons have lots of old VHS tapes they still like to watch. It works fine for that purpose.
K. Mattson answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
It only comes with the RCA cables. (The red, yellow & white plugged cables)
If your older unit connected like a VCR, through coax cable (the black cable that comes into your house from the cable or satellite company) you will have to connect it differently. This can vary depending on the type of TV your are connecting it to. Older TV's may not have the RCA type input jacks that this unit needs. Check the back of your TV before buying this.
Anthony from Orlando FL answered on February 25, 2013

A
vote
These answers are correct. I think the cable is called a component cable. The very confusing list of features and such does have a "what's in the box" section. I believe "A/V Cable (RCA)" is what you are asking about.
Ruth L. Lowell answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
it comes with remote and the video and two audio cables. if your tv has the video and audio jacks you are all set.
KEITH THOMAS answered on February 25, 2013

A
votes
Hey Louise,
I ordered a refurbished one which did not come with the connecting cables, which wasn't a problem since we used the cables from our old product. Sorry that I couldn't be of further help!
Clare answered on February 26, 2013

A
votes
Hey Louise,
I had ordered a refurbished product which did not come with connecting cables, but wasn't a problem since we just used our old ones! Sorry that I couldn't be of more help!
Clare answered on February 26, 2013

A
votes
so sorry for my LATE response but this had to go back because it was missing some out or inputs it didnt have the needed colors.. so frustrating.. I got what i paid for.. luckily it returned easily....
P Alexander answered on February 28, 2013

A
votes
I to have t v it come cd or DVD and VCR recorder now I have cable from Verizon can I hook up toshiba sd-v 296? With out purchase an extra tuner
Norman Phengvath answered on January 23, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›