Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
I see that the product description has (US) in brackets. Does this mean that i cannot load my own maps on this model, since i live in Trinidad?
asked by Narell on January 30, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I believe the US designation means it comes preloaded with US maps but the hardware will function normally for any region (provided you update the map for your particular region).
Jason answered on January 30, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can always load in new maps!
M. Glabets answered on January 30, 2013

A
"I see that the product description has (US) in brackets. Does this mean that i cannot load my own maps on this model, since i live in Trinidad?"

yes, you can load your own maps on this model. I live in venezuela and i can load my map. you need the mapsource software and your country map . in case of venezuela the load is free and only pay collaboration to maintain the map update. other country need to pay to obtaine original map.
Humberto P. answered on January 31, 2013

A
I could say that perhaps (US} means everyone, however the hardware should perform anyware as long as you download maps pertinent to your region. Excellant product.
Chuck L. answered on January 31, 2013

A
Hi, you can load in this gps, maps of another countries.
CESAR PADRON answered on February 3, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product