product discription is not accurate!!! what speakers did you get? I have been researching surround sound systems and when I came across these I was stoked at first. Then I noticed that the product description is not correct. It kinda makes me wonder what speakers you would actually get

You will see that in the picture, a person is holding what is said to be a Polk Audio RM7... NOPE! The speakers in the photos listed in the product description are in fact Polk Audio RM8s. These are two different speakers and have a $200.00 price difference between the two models.

Also in the product description next to the hand they show what is said to be the entire speaker system for the RM705 5.1 system. This is also not accurate. what you see in the picture is again from the RM8 line in a 7.1 package with all speakers in the system being from the RM8 model line. not the RM7.

The picture that is listed at the top of the page is believed to be accurate, because the speakers are all from the RM7 series.

If you do indeed get RM8s when you order this then I would say it's a steal for the price. however if they are RM7 I may just pass.
asked by Scott Prather on January 9, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
vote
You're right. I bought the RM705 HTS a couple of years ago and it has the RM7 satellites in a 6 speaker config, not the RM8s.
C. Flockhart answered on January 11, 2011

A
votes
This is April and I ended up getting speakers which are different from on the website. I am amazed and appalled that Amazon is not correcting their website description. Now I have to spend time and effort to return these.
Jayesh answered on April 17, 2011

A
vote
I just bought the RM7 5.1 system, and thought the sattelite speakers would be the picture shown. In fact these are just two way speakers that are not nearly the size pictured, or design, and for the money I spent I wish i would have bought Klipsch just because Polk was decieving. I am very dissappointed with This. I really thought I was getting the speakers pictured and the hype the advertisement mentioned, but they are just run of the Mill satellites. Did you return them or Keep them?
Matthew Richardson answered on February 11, 2011

A
vote
I agree with the other posters. Even today, there is a picture in the description of this product that is tagged "The RM7 Satellite speaker." However, that is NOT the product I was given.
jorn k answered on February 22, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›