VIZIO VSB200 Universal HD Sound Bar (Discontinued)
Used & New from: $62.77
Does this product improve the sound quality of spoken dialog? I can't hear the sports commentators over the roar of the crowds. JB
asked by Ticonderoga on December 31, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Absolutely.. As I mentioned in another review on this soundbar my tv has awful speakers and the dialog was impossible to follow, the only sport I watch is football and have noticed a huge improvement with this bar for the commentaries. My tv sound is permanently off now. I often wonder how I went through three widescreens without a soundbar. And this one is the best bang for the buck.
Jake J. answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i did not notice any improvement.
bobo 24 answered on December 31, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's hard to say. It does improve the sound mainly because the speakers are facing you, as opposed to the rear facing speakers of a flat panel TV. I would say it's best to find a store where you can go listen to it in person. I will say I'm pleased with this sound bar, it does improve the sound on my Panasonic.
markprob answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, it was not much better than the TV sound itself.
JR answered on December 31, 2012

A
Hello! Well, I do not watch many games but watched several live shows such as Stones, Led Zeppeilin, etc., and the sound of the vocals is quite distinguishable. I do not know if the announcers broadcast games chaise on the same criteria of quality, but if they did, you can hear clearly. I hope I helped. Happy new year!
Alvaro Zuniga answered on December 31, 2012

A
JB, My husband and I both have trouble understanding, not hearing, the sound from our Vizio tv. The sound clarity seems much improved by the sound bar. We did not have any of the problems mentioned by other purchasers, except for our frustration with the very small remote control. But, to answer your question, yes, I believe the sound bar will help with your sound quality.
Stephanie Tourne answered on December 31, 2012

A
If you can get a refund, get it. Tried 2 of these and they were DOA.
JoAnn F. answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've not listened to the tv without the sound bar. However, with the sound bar, I've not had any problems while watching games.
Tami answered on December 31, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
works good for me, but anything an improvement over 3# speakers that came on tv
pinky answered on December 31, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, the sound bar quit working altogether, except for the indicator lights right after I received it. It worked for two times and sounded real good, but I did not have it working long enough to check it it out on a sports presentation.
Cal Reed answered on January 7, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product