Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
I would like to know if with this product I can watch on my Tv the movies stored on my laptop? I'll wait for your answer in order to do my purchase
asked by FERRER WASHINGTON RAFAEL JOSE on January 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
matrixx611 answered on January 15, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes I actually have this setup so I stream from my main pc to my multimedia room. Before i did try it i had the idea that a really big hd movie like 10Gb would give me problems but its pretty amazing how the media player reproduces the movie with no problems at all.

Configuring your shared folder so the box can see your videos can be the tricky part but here is the video I used to configure my shared folder so it wont ask for password and all my family can view the content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQstgQ4eJCM
Diego answered on January 15, 2013

A
Yes indeed , but you must store the movies on an external hard disk and connect it with the Media player , most of media types can be played , it is a great product .
Hanckok answered on January 15, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Gyroslynky answered on January 15, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes you can. Provided you understand basic home networking. It is really easy to setup, and WD has pretty good forums online that you could post questions to, or read some other answers. I would not try to connect a male-to-male usb cord directly to your laptop, that could cause an short between the laptop and WD device. Use network connectivity,
D. A. Morehouse answered on January 15, 2013

A
Yes,but the plus is their discontinued model, so no updates anymore, if spending this much for it, I would buy the wd hub, next model up as it comes with a 1tb drive built in,and is still listed on their website as a current model, and this price on the plus is much more than it used to be when it was a current model !
JM answered on January 15, 2013

A
Yes. I am not sure about avchd though.
wmw1968 answered on January 15, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yep, it will allow you to watch your movies on your laptop with some exceptions. It doesn't have the codecs to allow you to watch amazon downloaded codecs for example. However, if it is just a straight avi or mp4, it will allow you to stream from your shared file folders or windows libraries.
Tillman H. Smoot answered on January 15, 2013

A
yes.. you can also plug in an external HD and watch video from it also.
waddog answered on January 16, 2013

A
PARAG SAXENA answered on January 16, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product