Will this product reduce the appearance of acne scars?
asked by Una on January 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
More than likely not.... It gave me a younger fresh look to my skin and closed my pores some. I doubt that this particular product will lighten or remove acne scars.
Donna M. Brodie answered on January 11, 2013

A
vote
It's hard for me to say because I've used a couple of products at the same time. I can say that I really like this product. My skin felt smoother after using. A home remedy that I have been doing is similar and cheaper if you want to try first. I put baking soda in the palm of my hand and add just a couple small drops of water until its like a paste and then massage into my face for a couple of minutes. Let it sit for a couple minutes then rinse with cool water.
dawnmarie23 answered on January 11, 2013

A
vote
Yes, with continued use!! Also, a product with salicylic acid (commonly used to treat/prevent acne) & glycolic acid will help as well. I recommend Neutrogena Rapid Clear Fight & Fade Toner & Gel. The combination of these products has made my skin look so much better!! Amazon has the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion Holiday Pack (includes Machine, Puff Applicator, Batteries, 12 Puffs) + 24 Count System Refill Pack) for $19.99. I added an additional System Refill Pack ($10.66) to my order to get the free shipping (over $25) at Amazon. At my local Walmart the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System (Machine, Puff Applicator, Batteries, 12 puffs) is $19.97 and the System Puff Refills are $12.97. The Rapid Clear products are cheaper on Amazon too as long as your order totals $25+ so that you don't have to pay shipping charges. You may want to watch the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System Reviews on you tube. You tube also has an official Neutrogena instruction video on how to use the microdermabrasion system. Good luck!
cmdavis answered on February 17, 2013

A
votes
In a word NO. All it did was bring me out in a rash! Only to be used on feet and walls! There is a warning on the pack not to use on acne - find other cures. Murad is a very good make I bought the sample pack (cleanser, treatment gel and moisturiser) online and it lasts for a while and is cheaper than buying full size products (£30). The exfoliating gel is good - clearer more refined skin and it's formulated by a dermatologist. It takes some trial and error to find something that works. Daily Omega three fish oils are good and a dessertspoon of linseeds (chew them) taken with loads of water
may help. Cetaphil cleanser is also very gentle and recommended for problem skin (about £10). I found it really helped when skin is red and irritated and tired of too mnay products.
Clare H. answered on January 27, 2013

A
votes
Continued and regular use of this product should help fade and/or lighten some acne scars. It will likely not work with very dark or deep scars, as those often reach beyond the epidermis (top layer of skin). This product should not be used if you currently have breakouts, as the exfoliation can irritate already sensitive skin.
Alli214 answered on January 29, 2014

A
votes
This product is a waste of money. It only cleans your skin, something you can do for pennies. For acne scars, I recommend Lactic Acid 50% Gel Peel made by Perfect Image. Look for my review there, later today.
G. Caballero answered on January 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›