Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

60%
40%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 30, 2012
I bought this book for my 7 year old daughter who had to write a book report on a famous woman for women's history month. It is a graphic novel which I liked because my daughter still enjoys books that are heavily illustrated. I had to read it to her, but we both enjoyed the story. It was easy to follow and told us everything we needed to know for a second grade book report. I would recommend this for young readers because of the illustrations, but they might need the help of an adult.
on June 23, 2013
My students love nonfiction and they love biographies - this book brings them both together. The comic book format presents the facts on Blackwell's life in a fun and entertaining way, so that even students who wouldn't normally pick up a biography are more likely to read one. It's also nice to have some biographies that focus on women in history.
on June 15, 2011
Do you want to be entertained? Then Elizabeth Blackwell: Americas First Woman Doctor
by Trina Robbert is the book for you. This story is about Elizabeth Blackwell and how Americas first woman doctor came to be. This story made me walk a little taller because I'm proud I have a woman doctor. This book is great for ages 7-16.
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2010
This Graphic Library book provides a concise and well written story of Elizabeth Blackwell's life. I use these books in my ESOL classroom. The story is very moving and provides terrific information on how difficult it was for her to become a doctor.
on March 8, 2010
Book was a slightly higher reading level than expected. Other than that it worked great.