Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 2, 2004
As the owner of 74 cookbooks I would rate Paula Deen's cookbooks as consistantly having the best tasting & easiest to assemble recipes that I've ever cooked & served. I've given her cookbooks to all my friends & they rave over them. In fact, I'm here ordering two more cookbooks for another friend.

If you haven't caught her show on food tv, you are missing out on a fun 30 minutes. She's not only a great cook, she's a great storyteller & very funny lady. If you're not a Southerner, you'll love the dishes & stories & if you are from the South, she will make you homesick to be back there again.

And, for the record, I've never met Paula Deen nor am I affiliated with her in any way. This is a just a reccomendation from one satisfied cook & cookbook lover to another.
11 comment250 of 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2005
Paula's recipes are true Southern fare--just the way I love to cook. In a world of fat phobics, carb phobics, meat phobics, etc., it is wonderful to see someone who appreciates good, old fashioned food--the real deal. We all try to watch our calories, but sometimes a little butter, sour cream, sugar, chocolate, nuts, starch, or fried food is needed to comfort the soul. So, thanks, Paula, for your wonderful cookbooks. I can't wait for your next book to come out. Virginia cook
0Comment105 of 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2005
This is a great cookbook! I gave this set as a gift to my mother for Christmas and she said she really enjoyed reading not only the great down home recipes but also the stories that Paula tells to go along with the recipes. If you are an avid Food Network fan like me you will know that the "Hey, Yall" is sort of a catch phrase that Paula says on her shows. As a fellow southerner, she takes me back to my grandmother's kitchen with some of her recipes and her southern charm.
0Comment38 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2005
I love this lady and her recipes. I miss the Southern foods of my childhood living in CA and these books bring back a lot of memories.

One person asked what books are in this set. The set contains "The Lady & Sons Too!, A Whole New Batch of Recipes From Savannah" by Paula Deen, and "The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook" by Paula Deen.
0Comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2005
I just loooove the easy recipes for Old Fashion comfort food!! I have recommended this to all of my friends and co-workers and they too just cannot wait to try all of the wonderful recipes!

PAULA DEEN ROCKS!!!!
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2005
The receipes are EXCELLENT, Taste great, and SIMPLE. I believe that eating good quality tasting food in smaller quantities is better than binging on low-cal, low fat all you can eat. I watch her on TV and she is a joy to watch. I respect her background and how her cooking saved her and her sons. This book is a wonderful present and 10:30 AM on Sat on FoodNetwork tune in to watch. Her positive outlook and happiness (PLUS cooking) has brought joy and a happy tummy to my boyfriend and I...hope it does to you too..
on June 2, 2006
These two books are amazing. you want great southern food look no where else but paula deen. i love her show so much its set in the Tivo. if anyone is ever in savannah a visit to the lady and sons restuarant is going to be the best stop ever made. long lines so make sure to get there early to put your name on the list.
on November 15, 2005
A great selection of recipes that will keep you excited about cooking. Unique and delicious from a family that specializes in amazing food creations. Great for gift giving.

Janet Sue Terry author of "A Rich, Deliciously Satisfying, Collection of Breakfast Recipes".
on November 4, 2006
After watching Paula Deen on the Food Network and then visiting her restaurant, The Lady and Sons in Savannah, I knew this cookbook collection was a must for our home. Her recipes are simple and delicious. There is something in there for everyone with new creations that delight the palette. Her chicken recipes such as Chicken Georgia, Chicken and Dumplings and Chicken Casserole are easy and delicious. The Corn Casserole was probably the easiest dish I have ever prepared and was gone immediately. It is a great sign in my home if you do not have leftovers. I do not have leftovers when I cook with Paula Deen. The only downside is we are having to exercise more because of this delicious food. I figure that it is a small price to pay for having enjoyable sit down dinners with the family. I would definitely endorse this collection for any home. This would be a great gift this Christmas season.
on January 18, 2007
Wonderful collection of tasty, delicious recipes. The instructions are very easy to follow. Ingredients of recipes are easy to find at local grocery stores. Also what I really like about this cookbook and her other cookbooks is that, recipes do not have a long list of ingredients like many other cookbooks. She also tries to use shortcuts as much as she can. If you just began to cook or if you have been cooking for many years, just follow her directions and you'll cook like a pro and all her recipes comes out perfect, so don't be scared to try something new that you have never tried before.