Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sexual Shame
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon December 12, 2004
"No Stones" is a comprehensive approach to recovery for female sex and love/romance addicts. In part one, Marnie defines the secret sin of sexual addiction, then explores messages about being female. She details the consequences and cycle of addiction as it presents in females and provides a diagnostic tool. In part two, Marnie explores the roots of sexual addiction: unhealthy families, abuse, abandonment, generational patterns, and the core beliefs and emotions of an addict. In part three, Marnie outlines the path to recovery and healing: surrender and sobriety, disclosure, community, accountability, boundaries, healing from trauma, and on-going recovery. There is a special chapter for the husband, family, and friends of a female addict. Marnie's writing is engaging and professional. Highly recommended.
on July 19, 2005
The book, "No Stones" by Marnie Ferree is an excellent book. Very in-depth and compassionately written, I would highly recommend it to any woman who has any kind of struggle in the area of sexuality or relationships. Marnie has tackled a sensitive subject with great sensitivity and compassion. She is truly a pioneer and her work is breaking ground for others.

The book is easy to understand but not always easy to read. It has the potential to open up painful areas of one's life. I would consider this book a gift from God to humanity.

Sincerely,

C.H.
on May 20, 2002
Marnie's book is the definitive work on sexual addiction issues in women. This book will no doubt inspire many who have suffered in silence to seek the professional help that is needed. Marnie shares her story in a powerful way that will inspire the reader in their personal journey of healing. This book is also for the friends and family members of people coping with sexual addiction issues. Not only does Marnie provide great insight into managing addiction, she shares a vision for life beyond addiction. This book will become a classic in the field of addiction. Speaking as a professional counselor working in the field of sexual addiction, this book will be a tremendous asset to the profession.
on July 16, 2004
This book is does a great job of defining sexual addiction from a female experience...it is different than men! Marnie shares her personal journey as well as her professional expertise. It has transformed the lives of many female sex addicts that I know from my counseling practice.
on September 21, 2013
I loved the way she explained shame and how significant that type of unwanted, evil driven feeling can almost take our life. It is a place where I found understanding of why God allowed the abuse to happen but also how to deal with all the feelings that came from it. God did not CAUSE the abuse, the person chose to sin, and do evil with his free will against me. But even though God did not prevent it he definitely turns all things to good if you allow him. Marnie shows us grace in such a beautiful way. I thank God that she had the courage to write about this because so many women suffer from some sort of emotional or physical abuse that will continue to affect their life, their choices etc if they do not find healing and the ability to forgive their abuser. We don't forgive for them but for US so that our hearts can find peace in Christ alone! Holding onto bitterness, resentment, anger and hate is like taking a small sip of poison every day. It only hurts you, not the intended abuser. He/She controls your life if you hang on to those feelings but God sets you free. This book was a blessing, thank you Marnie! God Bless You always:)
on June 15, 2008
My wife is in recovery from sex and love addiction. We wish that we would have found this book prior to reading any other literature on the subject. There many great books out there, but by far this is one of the best. If you are a woman suffering from the shame of sex addiction, sex and love addiction, or romance addiction, this is a must read. You owe it to yourself to read this book. I read the book to improve my insight and understanding of the addiction. It was eye opening.
on March 1, 2014
Wow! This book is amazing, sensitive, instructional. Addressing a topic our churches mostly shy away from. It offers hope and freedom to women imprisoned in this area and should be read by every Church pastoral care team and counsellors. Really recommend and thanks to the author for being willing to be a forerunner, for us women.
on July 24, 2013
If you've ever felt alone in your depression and inability to stop cheating this book is for you! No stones helped me realize I am a sex addict and I've learned so much about myself and the things from my past that made me this way.
on May 2, 2008
Marnie shares her story of struggle and redemption in such a fantastic way. I couldn't put the book down. It felt like she was writing to me. I loved it and it has helped me tremendously.
on September 8, 2010
No Stones is an excellence resource for counselors, family and concerned friends of women found with intimacy disorders, as the author describes this addiction. She talks about the Problem, the Roots, and the Solution in a personal, highly readable style. The information is very helpful for those who desire to bring healing to other people's lives, rather than to cast stones of judgement. I highly recommend it to those touched by this problem. Still hoping it will come out in Spanish.