Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garden Mosaics: 25 Step-by-step Projects for Your Outdoor Room
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon July 6, 2005
if you are like me, you might own several mosaic books. This one is one of my favorites! Here's why:

Clear,concise directions with good pictures-most projects could be done by a beginner but there are also MANY projects to make a more advanced artist happy.

Great variation of mosaics-this author covers some mosaics styles I've never seen in other books. Like making your own wire mesh base for cool animal mosaic sculptures-with enough how to pictures that even I can contemplate making one:), making several different shaped stepping stones-from scratch-these are GREAT-there are footprints and fish to die for. And unusual mosaic creations like windchimes and garden "cones".

This book helps you to think outside the box and many of these projects would look wonderful outside or inside as well. Well worth the $13 bucks that Amazon sells it for-highly recommended!

5 stars!
0Comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2006
This book is great! Both funky and eclectic, the many projects enclosed in its pages are worthy of exhibition in anyone's garden. I highly recommend this book to anyone just starting out in mosaics or to the seasoned mosaic artist.
on May 11, 2008
This book has many creative projects, it clearly explains several techniques, including good details, list of materials needed and very useful information. There are several different techniques and original projects. Excellent information that will be very useful for making your own outdoor projects. Highly recommended.
on September 3, 2011
Wow! This is the first -- the **first** -- non-intimidating book about homemade mosaics that I've ever seen! The photographs alone are reason enough to buy this book, for they show, step-by-simple-step, **exactly** how each item is made, from materials, to tools, to the process itself, to finished product.

In fact, after reading this book and looking at the beautiful photographs, I think that I could actually **make** one of these items! That's saying plenty, because every other book I've seen on the subject scares me silly! Those other books convince me that I could never, **ever** succeed at making even the simplest mosaic.

But "Garden Mosaics" author Becky Paton leads me step-by-step, beginning with the basics. For example, she tells me, with an accompanying photo, exactly when I should wear rubber gloves. Then she shows photographs of what a certain mixture will look like when I first put the ingredients together, then what it will look like during the mixing process, and finally, what the mixture will look like when it's ready to use.

Step-by-step: that's exactly what I need! Without author Paton's crystal-clear photos and brief, concise instructions, I would never, ever **dream** of trying to make one of these projects on my own.

So I'm keeping this book on my living-room table, and each time I look at it, my confidence grows. By golly, this time next year I'll probably be the proud owner of several projects straight outta this book! I've already picked out my first one: an elegant House Number for my gorgeous, recently remodeled, modified Victorian, late 1890's home!
on April 7, 2007
The book is excellent, with many helpful projects. The author takes you through each project to completion. Also includes a thorough description of materials needed.
on June 30, 2008
I really like this book. It is easy to follow and the steps are illustrated which makes it easier to learn how to do the projects. I like the fact that some of the projects are 3-D and that I was able to get ideas on how to execute them. They go from very easy to more difficult so there is something for almost everyone.
on March 30, 2012
Being new to mosaics, I was excited about this book. It delivers! There are many projects to do from start to finish. It shows the steps with photos for all of the projects and is pretty straight forward. The only negative is that some of the projects lack a little more information. It just needed a little bit more of information on some of the projects, such as the dragonfly. It said to use cement adhesive, but that does not spread smoothly. Is there a specific brand that I should use to get that smooth look? Still haven't found the answer. Anyway, over all this was a good book.
on June 23, 2010
I'm new to the process, and this this book has been a great help to get me going. Easy to follow, pictures are great. Even has templates if you want to use them as a basis for your designs.
on June 17, 2011
The projects are beautifully illustrated and the how-tos well explained. The photos are enjoyable to look at, and inspire great creativity.
on October 17, 2011
Have only just got this book. Took a long time to get here to Oz. Love what I have seen so far, and have gotten some fabulous ideas out of it. Love the pictures in it and will soon be trying some out for myself.