Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon August 28, 2007
I do like these cards because they are sturdy and the photos (not cartoons) are great. The price is great too! But as soon as your child can sound out words, he/she can not use these to quiz himself. The Spanish word is on both sides, so you have to cover it when wanting the child to respond to the picture without reading. But I agree with the other review - for ages 4 and under, these are nice, practical words that are useful for any level of Spanish learning.

TREND makes a card set that's similar, and has the photo on one side, English and Spanish on the other, so you can teach English or Spanish. I like those a bit better, but they are a little more expensive. My own four children (ages 5 and under) and I use both sets before and after our Flip Flop Spanish Workbooks.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2014
This would be a good purchase for someone who is beginning to learn Spanish. The vocabulary is pretty basic. The pictures are nice. The corners are curved on one edge in order to sort these cards easily.
review image
on August 9, 2007
These cards have been very helpful for me teaching vocabulary words to my four year old daughter. I already speak Spanish fluently (although not great), but just teaching her things here and there has been difficult since it's not our primary language at home. She's very proud of herself when she remembers a new word and it sticks and is now trying to teach her dad how to correctly pronounce them since "it doesn't come out right when he says the words". Using them daily for a couple of weeks, she's been able to memorize about 40 words so far. We're now incorporating these words into sentences. This was definitely worth it!
on May 6, 2013
I wanted something with English translation, and it's just the Spanish word and a picture...and the picture isn't always clear. I also wanted to know how to pronounce the words, and it doesn't have that.
on November 18, 2007
I really like these cards because of the photographs and the large text. I am trying really hard to teach my boys Spanish however, it is hard to make them speak it back to me. They do like the cards and they are leaning to read the words as well.
on November 25, 2012
I teach elementary aged children and the pictures are very small and many children claim they can't see the image when we are all on the floor in a circle. Also, the word is on the front and the back. I think I'm going to go through a use white out or something so I can use it how I want to-to show the image and have them guess the word. I probably wouldn't buy these again.
on August 31, 2013
I think these would be more useful if they showed the English words on the reverse - sometimes if I didn't have a basic knowledge of Spanish, I'd be stuck. For example, the cards with "hola" and "adios" both show kids waving. Is "pajaro" a bird or specifically a parrot? (All of the other animals are generic - dog, cat, rabbit.) La camisa is a shirt (picture shows a boy's shirt) and la camiseta is a t-shirt (shows a girl's shirt, so I might assume camisa = boys and camiseta = girls). There is a card with the translations, but I think it would be easier to use if it were in alphabetical order (either in Spanish or English) instead of by category.
on December 13, 2011
This was one of three sets of Spanish cards I purchased and so far my favorite. The pictures are great and it's true that these are everyday commonly used Spanish terms. There is also 104 cards included, for the price that is really good! My 5 yr old is enjoying these very much.
on March 11, 2014
Granted, a few reviews on here made mention of the fact that there was no English translation or pronunciation key but other than that - they're great! They've covered every object under the sun...perfect!
on March 20, 2016
These cards are a great thickness to work with, and the curved edge makes it easy to take one off the stack. The topics included are nicely comprehensive (colors, body parts, shapes, etc). My kids will do one "section" of vocab at a time and I can quiz them. I am going to look for another set of flash cards that have Spanish on one side and English on the other to add to our collection. This set has the same Spanish word on both sides with one picture of the word on the back (just like the box pictures). We can't use them for quizzing ourselves back and forth for learning vocabulary, but they are good words to learn with a nice, easy read font.