Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stargate SG-1 (1997 Television Series)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 5, 2002
The reviewer who said that this cd was shameless money making and that it only contained 4 minutes of original music and the rest was from the movie, is obviously utterly and completely clueless.
First of all, this soundtrack is stellar (pardon the pun). Like the series Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1 owes a great deal to its music. The scores are utterly perfect for the ambience that the producers wished to create. The music ranges from ethnic sounding strings to booming orchestral arrangements replete with ominous vocals to signal the arrival of Apophis and the Jaf'fa...
When the aforementioned reviewer said that this music was taken from the original movie, they were absolutely in error. This cd is, in fact, the soundtrack for the 2 hour pilot movie of the Stargate SG-1 series currently running on Showtime and in syndication.
If you are a fan of the series, then you will absolutely love this cd. Just before Christmas I bought about 10 music cds I'd really been wanting, so far, I've played this one almost exclusively. It really is a first rate listen and a throughly worthwhile purchase.
If you are looking for more music from the series, there is another cd called, The Best of Stargate SG-1, that contains pieces from almost every episode of the first season.
on January 29, 2000
I was not disappointed when I got this CD. Having already heard the Soundtrack to the Film and loved it I was hopeful that this would provide me with a way of tapping into the atmosphere, the action and the music which is SG1. It did. It's a lovely ride through all the music you hear in the show and when watching the show you can identify the tracks as they play during the action. A great CD to close your eyes and remember your favourite scenes and a great CD for just..well plain old enjoyment. If you want to recapture the magic of the show when you're not watching it, then get this CD.
on July 17, 2004
This soundtrack is awesome! The music selections are quite unique and varied. There are common elements in the selections which indicate excellent score development.
These commonalities generally follow the characters -- for instance, there is a definite melody for O'Neill, Dr. Jackson, the Jaffa, and others. These repeating sequences are intentional and, to an untrained ear, might seem as though the track is duplicated. In actuality, it ties the entire series together.
I love being able to "see" which characters are on-screen by simply listening to the music.
And I agree with "A music fan" who quoted the comments from a reviewer "who said that this cd was shameless money making and that it only contained 4 minutes of original music and the rest was from the movie".
As "A music fan" states, "[this reviewer] is obviously and utterly clueless" and someone who apparently doesn't understand soundtracks and orchestral music design.
Wonderful score. Highly recommended.
on March 19, 1999
For a television soundtrack this was a truly great one. It captures the epic scope of the TV show and the movie. It is one of the better soundtracks I have heard
on July 12, 2015
I'm late coming to the collectibles for this series, missed a lot of the good stuff, but happy to add this compilation to my bits and pieces. Music is great and captures that wonderful first season. Could have wished for more, but not greedy.
on July 14, 2014
I absolutely love this show and the music is one of the best parts. Joel Goldsmith, in my opinion, writes music that exceeds what his father accomplished. Incorporating the show's theme into the body of the score is fantastic. The recurring themes for the Goa'uld and Jaffa are exciting and truly evoke the characters. Goldsmith's use of choir for the more dramatic battles and fights makes this score exude brilliance.
on May 18, 2000
This music builds on the epic work of the movie. Although shorter by reason it still conveys the epic scope of the original story. This music is almost the study notes version for the original soundtrack in its tone and demeanor. It does what it does and that is, help convey the scenes with a graceful flair that only adds to the show itself. This is a great soundtrack to own if you enjoy the show.
on February 7, 2001
The only reason I did not give this CD a 5 star is because it would have been better if some of the songs had been broken down a little more. One of my favorite parts is right in the middle of one of the longest songs and I have to wait and wait to hear it. Great music, on the title and end themes I can close my eyes and see the credits rolling. I would recommend this CD to any Stargate SG-1 fan.
on February 3, 2014
I just (re)watched the entire series and fell in love with this series all over again. I am SO glad I bought this CD years ago when I originally started watching the series. Listening to the music makes me smile and remember just how much I *love* this show! Buying the Atlantis CD today :-)

Adrianne
on December 3, 2012
What I like about this soundtrack is the fact that it's from a television series, but there some things I don't like about it (well, one thing actually), the Main Titles being a bit shorter than in later seasons.
Another thing I like about it is the song "Entering the Stargate". Gives the series an adventurous feeling, if you will.
And last but not least, I love the soundtrack entirely.