Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 31, 2000
Looks great, feels great, well protected with a pseudo-armor coating but the optic quality is poor, the focusing aspects are poor ... not very good - will probably give them away soon and buy something else.
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2011
I have been a photographer for over 45 years and am very familiar with the quality of Nikon's optics. However, I own both the Nikon 10x25 and the Bushnell 12x25 binoculars and in terms of clarity I find no discernible difference between the two, except the Bushnell has a bit more power. The Bushnell's are also much smaller than the Nikon so they take up less space when you are packing for a trip. Considering they cost $30 less than Nikon's, and are stronger, the choice is clear...buy the Bushnell every time. A great pair of small binoculars.
on June 28, 2011
I recently moved to an area near the ocean so I wanted a child proof and portable set of binoculars that my family could take to the beach, on hikes or wherever the wind takes us.

Like you, I read many reviews and finally decided on this one and here's why:

Price friendly ****
Durable ***** (My kids always play with them - especially to watch the neighbors!)
They work great! **** (I like to watch surfers catching waves or watch wildlife in the hills next to our home)
They fold down into an attractive case (included) *****
Shipped with a long, strong strap that attaches to the binoculars *****

They arrived quickly and as described. Please - keep in mind that these are a slim design that collapses a bit so they aren't the most comfortable to use for extended periods of time.

All in all, I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend these to a friend. Hope this helps you decide as well :)
on April 1, 2012
I DON'T KNOW WHAT SOME REVIEWERS ARE USED TO- BUT I'VE FOUND THESE BINOCS TO BE IDEAL FOR MY PURPOSES..I BOUGHT THEM FOR A FUTURE CRUISE AND HAVE NOT FOUND ANYTHING CLOSE IN PRICE/QUALITY. THESE ARE MORE COMPACT-HAVE A BETTER FIELD OF VIEW-AND ARE AT LEAST HALF THE COST OF OTHER BRANDS. I CAN SEE CACTUS NEEDLES AT 50+ YARDS. SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONVINCE ME THAT HIGHER PRICED OPTICS ARE SUPERIOR IN PERFORMANCE...THEN MAYBE I'LL RISK DROPPING THEM OVERBOARD.
on May 29, 2013
I love my new binocs. I bought them to replace a pair I have been searching for 3 years to find. I got the new ones in time for Paul McCartney concert in Orlando a couple weeks ago. They worked great and they will be used to keep in my glove box for impromptu bird sightings from the car.
on December 1, 2012
I have nothing bad to say about these binoculars.
I use them at work to watch ships movements in and out of the bay.
They are light, easy to handle, and are clear during bad weather.
Good optics. You can't go wrong.
I have dropped them once. A fall of about 3 feet - all is well!
on June 6, 2012
I ordered these because I wanted a pair to carry in my vehicle that were small, but powerful enough to be useful. The glass quality is very good considering the price and is appropriate for what I wanted them for. Obviously the glass is not comparable to higher end optics, but these are great if you want a small pair that are reasonably price.
on February 6, 2007
Reasonable price, reasonable size, reasonable performance for a small bino.

For serious work you have to spend more and lug more.
on February 7, 2012
I've been using these binocs for about a month or so. They work well. You don't have to worry about having these outside in the rain or snow. Durable. They are great for hiking and backpacking. Small enough to wear around the neck and accessible. Plus, they fold in to make it compact. The view itself is good, adjustments are accurate. You need a steady hand to lock into target sightings (but that is common with all binocs, duh). The only drawback is they are not as clear at dusk before night. You would have to go with larger lenses if you need to see in the dusk. I have used other binocs with larger lenses and been able to see clearer in the dusk to night hours. I just wish more things like this could be made in America instead of China.
on July 6, 2010
Bought them for kayaking and birdwatching, but haven't combined them yet. Took them camping at Ross Lake over the 4th of July weekend and they did great. Lightweight and good for quick access. Got some great views of bald eagles nesting across a small cove we were camping in. Think they would work better if i could paddle closer in a kayak. Can't comment on their waterproof/fogproof claim because haven't used them in heavy weather yet. Otherwise, good buy for the price, but don't expect amazing views, small pair that take a little time to get used to...