Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games

I bought this shredder for our 20 person office about 10 years ago for about $300. It has been so good to us. Every now and then a jam but reverse would always free the jam. This shredder was a workhorse for us and we love it.

It just stopped shredding recently. I think it may be the sensor going bad but the person who came to look at it said that they can no longer get parts for it since it's so old. It still powers up and every now and then it will take the paper and shred but most of the time, it won't work. I'm going to try to give it away and maybe someone can fix the sensor. I hate to part with it

I have decided to buy the Fellowes C-325i as a replacement and hope that this new model will be as good to us as the 220 has been for 10 years. The new one was made in China and it seems that with every new generation of products, they are made cheaper and cheaper so I hope it lasts. I am loyal to Fellowes because I have always had good luck with them for personal and business use, and the one time I tried a different brand for my personal use, it stopped working after 3-6 months so I learned my lesson!!

If you can still buy a Fellowes 220 shredder that is in good working order, I hope it will work as hard and as well for you as it did for us.
on December 1, 2000
Strip-cut shredding is not recommended for applications where true confidentiality is desired. A cross-cut shredder, on the other hand, produces large confetti-type paper bits that cannot be puzzle-pieced back together. It would seem to be the better choice. This shredder is heavy-duty, which is a good thing, but strip-cutting does not ensure nearly the degree of confidentiality in your destroyed papers as does cross-cutting, and for that reason yopu might want to avoid this shredder in favor of an equally heavy-duty cross-cutting one.
on July 23, 2006
Strip cut shredders work much faster and last longer than confetti shredders. The latter ones are very delicate. On the other hand, strip cut shredders require little maintenance except for a little oil lubrication from time to time. Security is not an issue because shredded papers are not distinguisable from each other.