Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung DVD-C601 5-Disc DVD Player
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 11, 2001
This is good 5 disc DVD player. It has all of the output options you could wish for. I connected it to my a/v receiver using a $... Recoton optical cable. Video quality is good (this is my first dvd player, so I don't have anything to compare it to). Changing speed between disks is OK (not too long). The player also has a "disk exchange" feature. My only complaint is that it does not play my audio CDs very well (to be fair, most of my CDs are old and have minor scratches).
on March 14, 2002
On the plus side... this DVD player moves from disk to disk quickly and quietly, and the video is nice and clean when playing correctly. Sound is good. A rented movie played nicely.
Now for the negatives... I'm on my second C601, since the first was DOA. It's a bit inconvenient to have to use the remote for most playing functions (what if it gets lost?). The major problem I have, however, is that this player SKIPS on a newer DVD that shouldn't have a problem. I had an RCA DVD player that I was very happy with until the laser broke, and several times a week played my yoga DVD to workout at home with no problem WHATSOEVER. I've tried twice to play my yoga DVD on this Samsung, and have had a horrendous time with it. This morning I had to rewind and speed play through skips close to 30 times in a 45 minute regime. When it's not skipping there is often interference. Needless to say it wasn't a pleasant yoga session. I'm putting it back in the box and sending it back this afternoon. Since there are negligible marks on my yoga DVD, there is no reason why I should be having this problem.
on August 14, 2003
Consumer Reports gave this DVD player a Best Buy in 2001. I learned to be wary. This machine is a piece of junk. Very slow operation, confusing control panel, plays DVD decently but don't try to play CDs- they will skip in spite of every attempt to clean the disk or laser. I wish I returned this when the problems first started on day one.
on August 8, 2004
It's a nice player for the price, but it has major issues. It won't play CD-R music CDs. It is very VERY sensitive to disc damage, the slightest little scuff will cause it to skip. After about six moths of use, the carousel tray (on mine) will no longer stay open, and will not rotate while open.

If I had it to do over, I'd never have purchased this unit. As soon as I can afford to replace it, this baby goes in the trash can.
on March 18, 2002
DVD PLAYER WAS UNABLE TO READ ANY TYPE OF DISC I PLACED IN THE CAROUSEL. I GUESS THE OPTICAL READER IS DEFECTIVE. I LEARNED A LESSON. I WAS TOO CHEAP TO BUY A SONY. THEY ALWAYS WORK. NOW I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL KINDS OF HASSLES TO RETURN THE SAMSUNG.
on June 5, 2002
don't waste your time and money buying this unit. the random feature is to be laughed at. it will work the first couple of times and then it will stick on one cd and not skip to the rest. it also won't play burnt cdrs.
on November 29, 2001
It's good for that price as compared with others