on October 3, 2001
An excellent big screen Tv considering its' price. The TV has limited capabilities, but extremely easy to navigate the available features with the remote. The remote has a sleek design and extremely comfortable to the hand. Has a wonderful stereo SOUND quality. Audio features include STEREO, SAP(Second Audio Program), MONO, AI SOUND and SURROUND. The Instruction manual claims that we can adjust the settings for Bass, Treble and Balance, but in reality we cannot. The factory set default settings for the picture adjustments is not the best setting. Has to experiment with the brightness and Picture for better quality. The colors and sharpness are excellent.
Wish it had picture in picture capability and more input jacks. The LOCK feature allows for easy to follow parental control procedures.
All in all a very good 32" TV.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 3, 2001
PANASONIC and SONY manufacture the best tube televisions. When entering into the tube TV market (20 inches and above) your best bet for uniform picture quality and consistent performance is PANASONIC and SONY. Both of these manufactures stake their reputations on this market. Both manufacturers also have a loyal following of satisfied customers who return time and again to their Televisions. I used to sell audio and video products. A returning PANASONIC customer settles for nothing but another PANASONIC television. A returning SONY customer settles for nothing but another SONY television. That's the way it was. From my point of view PANASONIC and SONY still make the best television sets utilizing a conventional picture tube. Price range aside, my criteria for choosing a set is simply how well the picture looks to me. I look for picture definition, sharpness and color consistency. Personally I found SONY to have a slight edge over PANASONIC in picture definition and sharpness. PANASONIC televisions offer great definition with a slightly softer looking image than SONY. However, I do find that PANASONIC has better control over color consistency. A color picture is made up of Red, Green and Blue signals. Reds are the hardest to reproduce and control because they have a tendency to over-saturate and "bleed." From the many sets that I have observed PANASONIC controls this "bleeding." PANASONIC keeps the Red signal at the same level and consistency of the Greens and Blues, which is more pleasing to the eye. In order to compare sets I always use the same video source, which is usually, a DVD player (I use the same player as well as the same software). My point is that I saw a discernable difference in the PANASONIC 32-inch sets compared to Sony's 32-inch sets. I believe PANASONIC's PANABLACK picture tube somehow is perfectly realized on their 32-inch sets and is the best on the market in this size. I went shopping again this weekend and I still find that PANASONIC is still very much consistent on these 32-inch sets on the several that I viewed and compared. They still have the market on the 32-inch set from what I have seen.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again