Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 5, 2001
This is a fun game. I haven't tried EA Sports NASCAR game for PS2, but the reviews for it on this site were not very good. So I decided to try NASCAR Heat. If you are a NASCAR fan, you should get your money's worth from this one. The graphics are awesome. There is no degradation when there are many cars on the screen. The sound is great too. The Beat the Heat, and Race the Pro modes are a blast. I like the Championship season mode best. In the expert mode, there are an infinite number of car setups. Racing in the expert mode is very hard. Anything less than perfect driving results in spins and crashes, just like the real thing. Not being that good yet, I race in the normal mode which is much more forgiving, but still very challenging. You can bump a little without ending your race. To avoid jerky steering it's best to use the analog stick which takes a little getting used to. The challenge is to stay down in the dark area of the track (the groove), if you don't, you will see the competition pulling away. Staying down in the corners is much easier said than done. Also, the draft in this game is very real. I have gained several seconds on laps by drafting. I have also seen cars get loose when you draft right on their tail. Be careful not to rear end him though. If you mess up your front spoiler, you can forget about ever catching up to anyoneone else. One thing I don't like are the yellow flags (which can be turned off). Cautions last for 4 laps, which on some tracks can be up to 6 minutes long. That's a long time to sit there doing nothing. Also it seems that fuel is used up at the same rate on caution laps as green flag laps. So I turn the yellow flags off. I highly recommend this game if you love Winston Cup racing.
on June 25, 2001
As someone who's actually played the game, unlike the person before me, and as someone who's actually a fan of NASCAR, unlike the person before me, I will give my review of what I think is one of the best NASCAR games ever.
This game has very good graphics, with great looking cars and tracks. The graphics are definitely better than NASCAR 2001, which was only a slight upgrade over the PS1 graphics.
The game does not have commentary, unlike NASCAR 2001. However, ask yourselves, would commentary really help here? It would just be repetitious; "Rudd takes the lead...". I don't know, maybe commentary would be better than nothing, but it is something that I don't miss.
The sound department is pretty good, with well done spotting by The King. The cars sound realistic as well.
Gameplay is also very fun. Not only does the game have racing mode, but it also has Beat the Heat. Beat the Heat is something that is sure to occupy a lot of your time.
This game cannot really be compared to GT3 at all; they are in the same genre, but that is all. GT3 contains real cars that you can drive on the street, and contains much shorter races. NASCAR Heat is like NASCAR racing, so it is a lot different than GT3. If you are a NASCAR fan, definitely go out and buy this game. If you're not a NASCAR fan, but a fan of racing games, you'll probably still enjoy this.
on October 5, 2015
My son became a fan of Nascar when he was little. He has the original PC version (which is called "Nascar Heat"), but he decided to get this version of the game because it's interesting. The tracks are fun to race on and the vehicles are cool. It has a good amount of realism. However, unlike the original PC version, I don't think there's an option that allows you to customize your car, which could have been a great feature here if they chose to keep it. Luckily you can do the same thing with the "Nascar Thunder" series games. Other than that, this is a fantasic Nascar game. I would highly recommend it!
on November 15, 2001
Okay...okay....people seem either to like this game or NASCAR Thunder. This is quite a debate but I think NASCAR Heat wins out over Thunder. NASCAR Heat is fun. It is designed to be fun and enjoyable. The controls are more forgiving and fun than with Thunder but it is meant to be. I fully enjoy this game. The Heat trials are fun and can get very hard. Overall I highly recommend this game over Thunder because it is more fun. Thunder is for more of the serious NASCAR fan. I own both and if I want to drop in a race and have a fun I play this. If I want the full NASCAR experience (harder competitors, sponsors, etc) I play Thunder. If you enjoy racing games then you will love this game.
on September 19, 2001
Nascar Heat was my first race game on the psII and i was not disapointed. The graphics are great and the season and AI are right on....I didn't notice any over compensation by the computer...if i was running all out better than the computer it would let things go naturally...the only problem is if you play the "expert" or most realistic level....be prepared to know what you are doing when dialing in the race car...if you don't know anything about cars or nascar stock car racing then you won't be able to use all the facets of the game...you can race without having to "Build" your car, but it doesn't have the same effect as actually racing a car you built...and believe me i built some very fast cars that the game doesn't provide....in the most realistic mode the cars on the track act like real life cars going 150 mph...they don't stick to the track at all if bumped...i felt this was the most fun part of the game....oh yeah...if you want to run the Daytona 500 in its entirety you can!! all 500 laps in real time!! you will be at the terminal for the same amount of time as real drivers!!! be prepared to be really sore after one race!!! overall a really great game with all kinds of ways to compete
on June 11, 2016
The physics and sensitivity are very interactive to the player in the NASCAR game. The graphics pretty much hit expectations regarding when the game was released. Although, it does lack features such as a 43-car field, 4 NASCAR tracks from the circuit, expanded sound effect collection. It is indeed a challenging game if you choose your difficulty well, though. Those missing features really don't keep me from having fun with the game.
on July 16, 2001
This game is great! What can I say! I mean the graphics are the best I've ever seen on a nascar game. Sound is okay not over the top but not bad. Gameplay is fun and addictive, and the car is easy to control. Although I should warn you that steering may feel really sensitive at first, but you do get used to it so don't panic. Another reason the game is so great is that there is lots to do even after you beat the championship mode. For example there is race the pro and beat the heat modes. This is definetlty the best NASCAR game I've ever played and will definetly hold me over till Nascar 2002 comes out in October. !_!
on July 3, 2001
Okay, I can't stand looking at the 3-star rating anymore based on just 2 reveiws, 1 of which is a guy who never even played this. Despite the mediocre posting to this point, this game is solid, and will provide you with more than enough enjoyment to offset the $50 price-tag. The tracks are 10x more realistic than NASCAR 2001, including great scenery like the infield and grandstands, as well as active pits in the background. For the regular fan, walk out and buy this next time you are at your store of choice. For the avid NASCAR fan, RUN out and buy this. You will be thrilled with what you find.
on June 20, 2001
Ok, wow..., oh my god I hate Nascar but when I saw a little ad for this game I decieded to pick it up, and now I don't hate nascar anymore, this is the best game of all racing games, maybe of all games out there, the only who can beat it will be HEAT for XBOX. but this uses all of the PS2s power and yuo can tell, i just hate the guy in your headset, he says the same thing over and over and like back to back, that is the only downpoint, I like driving with Dale, and i got the code for drving a jet, and crushing car with GODZILLA!! I LOVE THIS GAME
on June 28, 2001
First of all, why would that idiot give this game one star when he has not even played it? If you don't know what you are talking about, then shut up. Don't try to blast something you have no knowledge of. Nascar Heat 2002 is vastly superior to the Nascar game that Electronic Arts brought out earlier this year. Nascar Heat has no choppy graphics and visuals that look frightenly real! In addition, there is a greater variety of trackts, options, and mini game for you to tinker with. This game is what every Nascar fan should purchase. In addition, I'm quite sure that this game will bring more fans to the sport. So, if you enjoy a game with realism, loads of options, and great visuals, then don't hesitate to buy this!

See 1 answered question