3,257
Color Name: WhiteChange
Price:$49.26 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 11, 2002
Color Name: White
My mother sent me this product as a gift when I was 4 months pregnant, at a time when my hips and lower back were consistently stiff and achey after a night's sleep. Here are my thoughts in conjunction with the other reviews:
1. Yes, it is big and takes up space, however I now use two pillows instead of seven to get comfortable, so it's a lot less hassle to adjust when I roll over. I like to sleep with my belly propped on the long supportive side, but do find a need to keep a standard pillow on the side that has the opening, so if I turn over I have something to support my belly... otherwise my lower back is very achey by morning.
2. I like the curves at the top and bottom. When lying on my side, it supports head, neck, and knees. I also have awakened several times lying on my back, feeling VERY comfortably cradled (which is different for me, as I NEVER slept on my back pre-pregnancy).
3. I am a fuller figure mom, and the added pregnancy weight in my chest and stomach area by four months was causing significant problems with aches and acid reflux/heartburn pain. I find that this pillow can be manuevered to prop me up without shifting through the night, as my standard pillows did, which is imperative to lessen these discomforts.
4. After using it nightly for a few months, the filling has not lost any supportive qualities.
Over all, I do find sleeping with it to be more pleasurable than standard pillows, and my aches and pains upon waking are quite minimal. Reading other reviews, I cannot help but wonder if my being fuller-figured makes it a better product for me. I have a fuller-figured friend whose experience with it has been the same as mine. I could understand if it seems more imposing and cumbersome to a smaller framed woman, though.
I do regard it as a sleeping necessity at this time and am thankful to have received it as a present, however I took a "star off the rating" as I do not feel the materials are worthy of the price. It is no different from standard pillows in filling material or firmness. $$$ is quite an inflated price for a product whose only difference from other materials on the market is shape. If money is not an object, or nights are miserable and one is desperate, I could see investing the money. I personally will get the money's worth because I received it early in my pregnancy. (I would feel bad that my mom spent so much on it if I used it only for month or two, but that's just my opinion of value.) After pregnancy, I don't think that I will keep it in the bed, as I would prefer to lie next to my husband rather than a pillow. Right now I am so large that I can't get near my husband anyway without my belly getting in the way, so it's not a major problem that we have a barrier between us.
The other "star rating deduction" is about the "cover" that comes on it... It is made of a coarse fabric that causes mild discomfort when directly touching my skin. I rectified this problem by sewing my own cover (out of two yards of soft cotton fabric that added additional cost to the use of the product) that I traced from the cover that came with the pillow. This is not a pillow that one can just throw a regular pillow case on, so a custom one must be made or bought (if they even sell them). If you don't have the time or ability to do this, then the "scratchy" fabric could definitely pose a discomfort to sensitive skin. With my homemade cover, there is little STRUCTURALLY that I can complain about.
I DO use it daily and it offers me relief from a certain level of discomfort, however the bottom line is what price you put on comfort. For some, the comfort attained will not justify the price, for others it may be priceless to get even a small amount of relief.
My personal rating is 3/5 stars as it comes. If it were less costly and came with a soft pillow cover, I would change my rating to a 5/5 star.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,527 of 1,654 people found the following review helpful
on October 10, 2010
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
Because I am a thoughtful, awesome husband, I purchased this as a gift for my pregnant wife in the hopes of a fun sex-reward payoff. No, I'm kidding (but really I'm not). While I won't tell you what I received in return, I will offer a review of this product:

First off, you probably already realize this, but this is an expensive pillow. It was hard to justify whether a pillow & spare case was worth the $$, but can you really put a price tag on a good night sleep? (Side note - Guys, I don't know about you, but if she sleeps well, I sleep well) Having said this, I still believe it's overpriced, but I've wasted more money on less. Get over it.

Second, my wife loves this pillow. She is about to begin her third trimester and sleep has been an issue since ~week 17. This pillow comfortably cradles all her changing lady parts and offers a wide variety of configurations depending on her needs. While she mainly uses it for sleep, we both agree it will work perfectly during breastfeeding and I know she will bring it to the hospital for delivery. An insert in the packaging offers many other ideas for alternative uses.

Third, changing the case is a legitimate pain in the ass. My wife refuses to deal with it, so I am left with the duty because I've learned not to argue with a pregnant woman. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it pisses her off, but it still sucks. They should make a case with a zipper and be done with it. (For what it's worth, the reasons I didn't give it 5 stars is because of ridiculous price and the case)

Fourth, I'm already envisioning some unique "extracurricular" uses for this pillow, but we haven't tried anything yet. I'd say I'd keep you posted, but that would be a lie. Use your imagination, you pervert.

In summary, this is a decent buy. Trust me, because I rarely waste this much time writing a review. If you're a guy reading this, sack up and do something nice for your girl. She's taking a serious one for the team right now - you owe it to her.
2727 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 15, 2014
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
I purchased this pillow for my Pregnant Wife for Christmas. She absolutely loves it and will not sleep without it. Seriously, the complete change in her mood can not be over stated.

Prior to this pillow being introduced in our lives, our sleep time was traumatic for me at best. She would do her best to turn herself into a human straight jacket, forcing me to invoke the spirit of Houdini just to try and desperately breath in order to sleep. Her human convection oven level temperature regulation problems combined with her overactive dreams had me sweating and taking beatings like a prisoner of the Viet Cong.

This pillow has provided her with something else to strangle into sleepy time submission and granted me the thermal barrier I needed to avoid heat stroke at 2 a.m. I haven't taken an elbow to the eye socket or a heel to the groin in weeks and I'm glad to report that I was, in fact, able to roll over for the first time in years last night.

To summarize, if the Rancor from Star Wars has ripped it's way into your bedroom snarling with levels of ferocity previously thought impossible, throw a snoogle at it and watch the amazing transformation unfold before your eyes. Suddenly,there will be a pregnant Wife peacefully sleeping in front of you resembling a sweet napping puppy, tuckered out from a long day of chasing butterflies...

For the love of God and all things Holy... BUY THE PILLOW!!!

If your Wife lays with the long side of the Snoogle towards the edge of the bed, she will resemble an unfortunate turtle when trying to get up in the morning. I don't know entirely whether this a good or a bad thing, but it's certainly entertaining...
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 9, 2014
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
This pillow has replaced me in bed. I hate this pillow. It mocks me while it gloriously wraps my pregnant wife in blissful comfort and I hate it.
on July 8, 2007
If you are NOT a side sleeper already, this pillow will probably be great for pregnancy. When you sleep on your side, your hips and shoulders are not evenly aligned, which can be uncomfortable plus one shoulder is always uner you and can fall asleep - not to mention the belly that hangs out as you become more an more pregnant.

If you already are a side sleeper, you probably have solved these problems. I sleep on a Temperpedic-type pillow for my neck/bottom shoulder plus use a king sized pillow paralell to my body to align hips and top shoulder. This is basically what this and other body pillows do for you.

The problem I found is with this "C" shaped design, you are forced to use the Snoogle as the pillow under your head. It is like using a brand new cotton filled pillow -my head was propped up high, causing a neck ache. I only want to sleep with my existing pillow. Also the material was hot. Every night I tried it I threw it out of bed within an hour or so.

My solution was to instead buy a "cuddle U" pillow which is shaped like a "U". I put the curved part of the U at my feet and can use my existing pillow for my head. I tuck the covers around the entire pillow and still get the body support I am looking for. I am a tall person (5'10") and the curve being at/near my feet is not a problem.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 1, 2014
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
First of all, I am NOT pregnant and love this pillow. I've always been a side sleeper, tucking pillows around me. This pillow is amazing, it's not too firm or too soft. I've only had it about 2 weeks so not sure how long it will hold up. Seems to be good quality. Worth every penny!
on October 6, 2012
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
I have horrible back pain even when I'm not pregnant. The chiropracter recommeded sleeping with a pillow between my legs, but it always felt awkward. When I was pregnant the first time my back pain was 10x's worse. I didn't really think these maternity pillows would work and I didn't want to spend the money on a bum product.

Now that I'm pregnant again I don't want to suffer through the back pain. There were times when it would take me 15 minutes to get out of bed, the first time I was pregnant. I decided to get a maternity pillow this time because the back pain was already starting in the first trimester.

After seeing how highly rated this product was I decided that it would be the best one to get. I also got a 20% Amazon Mom coupon that this item qualified for. This really does help align my back so that the pain isn't as bad.

It comes with a sheet that shows additional ways to use it during pregnancy and after. I like my head to be propped up and I usually use three pillows to achieve that when I'm sleeping. I don't have to use that anymore. Plus that always gave me a crick in my neck and this way doesn't anymore.

It's not that bukly in bed. What I do is I put it on the outside so that I can either face it or have my back to it. It doesn't push my husband out of the bed so that works out for him. He never has to deal with it.

The bonus of this pillow is that my 2 1/2 year old son loves it. You can do a swirl position with it (the card you get with it shows you) and I put my son in the middle. It's like a pillow bean bag chair for him. He likes it so much he falls asleep in it. I wouldn't recommend a smaller child and there is a warning label that says not for younger children.

I wish I had this pillow with my first pregnancy, but I'm glad I have it for my 2nd.
review image
on January 11, 2005
Color Name: White
This was on the top of my Christmas gift list, and I swear by it!

I'm currently expecting twins, and after a month of getting hardly any sleep, I unwrapped this gift on Xmas morning. Since then, every night has been one of GREAT SLEEP! I love it because I can get it all the way around my body. If the weight of my midsection is uncomfortable, I can take the part of the Snoogle that comes up between my legs and use the end of it to bolster my midsection. This really helps prevent ligament pulling. I can easily sleep on my back with the pillow under my neck and the bottom of it under my legs.

I find that by 5 p.m. I can use it in bed and relax and recline there for hours without ever getting sore from being in one position too long.

I've had to go on two business trips, and its easy to put in a large garbage bag and carry into the hotel, so I can get a good night of sleep on the road as well.

The only complaint comes from my husband. He says that he can't cuddle with me because there is so much pillow in the way. In order to try and accommodate him, I moved the open part from my side of the bed to the middle of the bed. It worked well all night, but when I needed to get up in the early AM to go to the bathroom, my husband had to roll me over the long side of it. Having done this with me once, we realized that it was better to have the opening part toward my side of the bed and not between the two of us.

The price shouldn't discourage you, if you think $50 is too high a price. When you're pregnant and uncomfortable at night, no cost is too high for a good night of sleep!

UPDATE - I've been using this pillow now for 4 months to assist me in nursing the twins. I have a boppy pillow, but find that the snoogle works better for nursing!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 5, 2010
Color Name: White
Men! Buy this for your pegnant wife! But...be forewarned, mr. snoogle will instantly become her best friend in bed. Once introduced to my wife, she slept with mr. snoogle every night! You will be demoted to #2 status (but, fortunately, you'll still be allowed to sleep in the bed). Sure, she will still invite you to snuggle with her. But, and I speak from experience, it is kind of like sharing your bed with a giant 6 foot earthworm that insists on lying between you and your wife. Awkward. Snuggling just isn't the same. You'll just have to man-up for the next several months and accept that you are now a second class citizen in your own bed. To add insult to injury you should also know that your wife will undress mr. snoogle every once in a while so that his jacket can be washed, and you will be asked to redress mr. snoogle, which again is an awkward process (think about trying to put a 6 foot sock on a 6 foot uncooperative worm) but, on the positive side, this might be good practice at dressing your soon to be wiggly newborn child.

But you know what? It is 100% worth it. The inconvenience and alienation you experience pales in comparison to the comfort and relief that mr. snoogle brings your wife during this wonderful time. And do not despair! As soon as our child was born mr. snoogle was escorted off the premises.
on December 1, 2014
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
I brought this pillow for my wife who is 4 months pregnant. We initially were going to buy a few extra pillows to give her support but, after finding this we decided to give it a try. So far so good, she has used it every night for the past two weeks and she seems to like it. My only complaint is that is takes up a lot of room so I have to stay on my side of the bed. But overall this is a great buy if you are looking for a support pillow. I uploaded a video of the pillow just to give an idea of what it looks like in real life.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations