Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SeaLife ReefMaster RC SL515 Automatic Dive Underwater 35mm Camera
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

50%
50%

on August 25, 2003
The SeaLife ReefMaster RC takes OK pictures but they came out rather blurry and grainy. My guess is that the flash is not strong enough. I went snorkeling with it in La Jolla, CA. It was a bright day with good visibility although never ideal conditions in this area. Perhaps if I was snorkeling in the Florida Keys - which I've done and got good pics with a Fuji one time use underwater camera. I guess in perfect conditions, any camera works well. I've also tried the Sea & Sea MX5-II with no extra external flash. It took better pictures but it looked like water was getting into the housing. The good thing about the Reefmaster RC is that it looks like it stays dry so less worry about that. One further con though is that you cannot turn the camera on/off from the outside of the housing. You must take the internal camera out. To get around this you can leave it always on - it has an automatic shutoff and then you push down the lever a little to activate the camera. Problem is I couldn't tell if the camera was on and took a few pictures of nothing by accident. I was worried the batteries would die as well. Also, the flash ready light is very hard to see. I might try an additional external flash but that means more $$.
on June 23, 2008
This camera takes beautiful photos underwater. The sport viewfinder is handy for point and shoot action. Although you can add big strobes, I haven't found that necessary for my amateur photography. The outershell travel case is indestructible on a dive boat. The inner camera is removable for use on land. The photo processing is the most critical feature for awesome photos. Be sure to use Kodak Sea processing or tell your processor that they are underwater photos so they can properly process the coloration. Solid Camera.
review image review image