Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 28, 2014
I am a long time wearer of this style Chuck Taylor's so I know my size, and I also know that they are unisex so I wasn't sure to order them in mens or women's size. The description of the shoe clearly says 'womens' and it's listed under the women's department, but there was a little (m) next to the sizes in the drop down menu, so I was still unsure. Then I read someone else's review that said they ordered them in a mens size but got the women's size, so problem solved, I ordered my women's size. Lo and behold my chucks arrive on my doorstep two sizes too big. I ordered a size 9 and received a MENS SIZE 9. If I had known, I would have ordered a 7! This is so frustrating Amazon! You can't describe a shoe as a women's shoe and then send us this shoe in mens size! Maybe instead of a vague (m) next to the sizing you should put a more distinct (men's) instead.
1010 comments326 of 337 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2013
I bought these for my daughter for her birthday this year. She asked for some black converse shoes size 8 1/2....after reading other comments about these shoes I found out that 1)they are sized in MEN's sizes and 2)they run large....so someone mentioned that they bought them in 2 sizes smaller than what you would normally buy for a women's size; and thats what I did. I ordered them in a size 6 and I was crossing my fingers that they would fit her just right because I hate returning and exchanging things! She was soooo excited to get them and then when she tried them on they fit PERFECTLY! YAY! So happy with them! Just wish they would have said something in the description about the size adjustments for women instead of having to search through comments and reviews.
88 comments190 of 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2014
I wear 8.5 in women's. After spending a thesis-like amount of time reading reviews, I ordered 8.5 since this was advertised as a woman's size shoe. The shoe is indeed unisex and they try to gauge your size for you based on your female shoe size and convert it for you. This would probably be okay, except these shoes run BIG. I ended up returning the 6.5 mens and re-ordering for a half size smaller. SO, IN SUMMARY:

1. if you want to order from here, indicate your female shoe size, but I recommend downsizing it by 1/2 size.
2. If you want to order men's and try to figure out your own size, go ahead - my experience is to size down 2 1/2 sizes instead of just 2 sizes.
0Comment65 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
I love these shoes and have owned many Chuck Taylor Converse shoes for 30 years. I did forget that when getting this shoe I must order a size smaller than my regular shoe size. This can be frustrating when ordering shoes online, so don't forget to order 1size down :)
11 comment144 of 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2011
I know chucks have weird sizing, and so a women's 8 is a men's 6 and so forth, but the size chart given here is idiotic. There are literally about 50 different sizes listed in the item details, with M(D) and all sorts of other inscrutable nomenclature next to each size. Maybe this reseller should take a hint from the converse website which has SIZE/CONVERSE SIZE (women's 8/converse 6) so the customer can have a chance of ordering the right size.
1717 comments355 of 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2013
Since Converse shoes are usually sold unisex, I ordered what I thought was a men's 7 because I wear a women's 8.5-9. However, the sizing is actually women's sizing, so be aware!
11 comment90 of 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2015
They are very cute and I believe are authentic, but they run HUGE. I'm a solid size 8.5 in women's shoes. I ordered these in men's size 6, and they are the equivalent of at least a women's 9, and possibly even 9.5. I have three other pairs purchased from the Converse retail store and they are not this big. See my photos. Unsure what to do, as my size is gone and the color on these is so lovely. If you're a woman and ordering in men's size, I suggest going down three whole sizes (at the least, 2.5).
review image review image review image
on September 3, 2014
Converse runs about a half size
large. My daughter wears a 7 and 6.5 fit her.
on May 7, 2015
I am very disappointed by these shoes. I've worn Converse sneakers my whole life but these specific shoes from Amazon are terrible quality. After a few weeks, the glue connecting the white rubber strip around the base has came apart and it looks like the entire shoe is about to fall apart. I only wear these for a few hours a day and not doing anything vigorous with them.
review image
33 comments21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2014
originally ordered the wrong size, mens or womens sizes are not clear when ordering
33 comments20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse