HP Business Inkjet 3000 Printer
Price:$698.00 + $97.00shipping

on December 16, 2003
HP really put out a dud with this model. Unless you use the super expensive HP branded paper, the ink will smudge..even after a week. Also, constant jams and bent edges. Local HP Authorized repair place unable to fix it. Printer is very loud (fans and paper path mechanisms). I will give it credit for having nice print quality, but I would not purchcase this unit ever again.
on July 4, 2004
I work in an engineering firm and we use for our A4 color prints both a color laser ( xerox phaser 6250 ) and the HP 3000.
We have the 3000 since two years and we have printed around 80000 pages without troubles, except for an input tray which had to be substituted.
The 3000 is very fast ( even if not so much while printing on hp special papers ) and everybody appreciate both the reliability while printing and the network installation which has been absolutely trouble free.
I love it since I can print ACAD files ( covers of our papers ) and JPEG photos without thinking whether this time the driver will work well or not, whether I'll have a paper jam or the ink will smuggle.
I have had only some troubles with some HP photo papers ( it smuggled ) , whereas with HP brochure papers it works perfectly.
On the contrary the xerox 6250, which costs much much more than the HP 3000, even if it incredibly fast and the laser quality is better than inkjet for printing graphs and chart bars, is not very appreciated since it has great problems with the PCL driver, it has much more paper jams and the cost of the
consumables is extremely higher. We also have a HP 2600 which is a very poor product.
If you need a fast and reliable inkjet for high volume prints go in a network environment, I think you'll be very happy with it.
on February 3, 2004
This printer works great for me. I find the quality is good enough for me to use draft mode for printing fliers. The printer has great print quality (for a non-Photo printer) and is exceptionally fast. There are four separate print cartriges which have remtoe print heads to printing is relatively econominal. One thing to note is that the printer senses when the print cartrige is empty and will stop printing. This isn't a problem for me, but it might be for people tring to refill cartriges or who want to stretch the print cartriges to the end. Also, the printer can get pricey if you purchase bundled with the duplexor and the print server options.
on July 25, 2013
The print heads and ink for the Business Inkjet 3000 has been discontinued. You will no longer be able to buy any new consumables from the manufacturer and shortly distributors will be running out. Sadly we are having to retire this old work horse.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...