Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on October 2, 2003
Makes perfect DVD copies of home movies recorded on VHS or
8mm. Includes a firewire port for making perfect copies of
mini DV camcorders. I only record in the Fine mode yielding
about 1 hr per 4.7 GB DVD-R. Also records to DVD-RW if you
want to reuse the disc over and over. DVD-R seems to be the most backward-compatible format if you wish to share those home movies with friends. Manual is very informative, but these
machines are fairly complicated compared to VCRs. Excellent
value!
VINE VOICEon October 27, 2004
I have 4 DVD recorders.I have 3 Panasonics (great machines) & wanted a 4th but because of the IR remote I was limited to 3.So I needed another brand and SHARP had a good price (it seemed, incorrectly)so I got the SHARP.It is an amazing BAD machine.It doesn't work correctly and getting it fixed is a nightmare. I just sent it back for the second time,it returned today and they fixed NOTHING.It is a true Nightmare,STAY AWAY!!!
on December 1, 2005
I have been an electronic nut for years and my mom and dad wanted to purchase me a reliable DVD recorder. I got this one. I am now so afraid of DVD recorders that I won't buy another one. This one worked for exactly 10 recordings. Now nothing. Zilch. Zero. I can't even play the discs that it recorded on it. I can still play commercially produced DVDs and the Dolby Digital is awesome on my surround sound system (Harmon Kardon receiver and Klipsch speakers), but I can't do anything else. I took this to the repair shop three times and they claim that nothing is wrong. I call Sharp and they tell me to try slower recordable speed discs. I even tried to change disc brands, nothing works. I really want a DVD recorder, but if this is how all of them act, then I will stick with VHS for the moment.
on December 14, 2006
I've had this machine for well over a year and have had no problems with it until now. In fact, I was quite pleased with it (considering it was so inexpensive). It had some limitations (takes a bit of a while to load discs compared to some other machines, making it take a longer to be able to record a program), but these are probably due to it being an older generation machine anyway. The machine had been working very solidly, no real complaints.

But now it will not longer read ANY discs at all. It will not read blank, previously recorded, or even commercial discs.
on June 19, 2008
this is one of the worst products I've ever encountered. Out put ports don't put out, functions do not begin with the push of a button... they seem to get around to it eventually. The interface is complicated and the manual (of course) is gibberish.
Nothing "sharp" about it.