Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Sony Mdr-J10 H.Ear Headphones With Non-Slip Design (Pink)|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$34.56+ Free shipping

on March 1, 2007
I now own THREE different pairs of clip-on earphones: Koss, Altec-Lansing, and Sony. The Sony are the best, for these reasons:

1. They position the speaker so it is facing FORWARD rather than towards the center of your head. This way, you get direct sound to your eardrum, and consequently the sound is louder (saves your batteries), and you get better high-frequency response (the sound doesn't have to turn a corner to get to your eardrum). It just sounds better than the others.

2. Stiff plastic design (no moving parts) makes them very easy to get on and off, and easy to tell left from right. They don't move around once they are on your ears.

3. The cord has a sliding part which allows you to secure the wires up under your chin, effectively giving you a single wire from your neck to the sound source. Handy for keeping the wires out of your zippers and collar, and, I think, handy for running, to keep everything secure.

4. No foam to irritate your ear and distance your eardrum from the sound.

Too bad they are orange. But the orange is ALMOST fleshtone, so it isn't too bad (for a white guy). Other clip-on's might look niftier (the Altecs have some chrome which looks way cool), but they don't work as well.

These are great clip-ons. Just buy them. At this price, I'll buy a second pair.
on June 9, 2005
I've owned about six pairs of these h.Ear headphones over the years and I usually lose them before they stop working. One pair did fall apart after about 18 months of nightly sleeping with them on.

I'm a compulsive audio book listener; have been for years. As I said, I fall asleep with these in my ears. When I wake up, they're still there. So I give these a good rating for comfort and ability to stay on. (BTW, sleeping with wires that could wrap around your neck and kill you is not a brilliant idea. I do NOT recommend this.)

I don't need a concert hall experience. Music sounds fine when I do listen. These things are perfect, however, for audio books.

When I mow my lawn or do other noisy work I put on a pair of those over-the-ear hearing protectors. They fit right over my h.Ear headphones so I can hear the stories just fine.

For less than ten bucks, these are pretty hard to pass up.
on September 29, 2004
This is my second pair of these headphones. The first pair is still working wonderfully after a year and a half of use at the gym. I bought the second pair to keep at work for when I'm stuck at a computer all day.

Top Reasons I love these Headphones:

They fit well with glasses and/or large earrings.

They stay on far better than similar "ear-bud" headphones.

Wrap around design means I don't need to jam them into my ears (ouch!).

No foam covers to sweat through and get all crusty.

Cute colors!

Great value for the price.

Long cord means I am not tethered to my music source.

Small unobtrusive design keeps the fact that you're tuning out the world from being obvious.

People around me can't hear the sound.

With reasonable volume, I can still hear people trying to get my attention.

I'm not overly sensitive about the sound quality of what I listen to. It sounds good to me! (not blown out or flat) These headphones do not sound like sticking your head into a live concert. If you want to play them REALLY loud, or hear only bass, buy some larger headphones. If you want small good quality cheap headphones for personal use that are comfortable and look good, these are it. Putting on the wrap-around ear things takes about one minute of practice to get used to. Fit with any headphones is a personal choice, so don't be militant if your ears are shaped differently than mine. These are the best wrap-around small phones I've found yet. Enjoy!
on April 22, 2006
I don't have abnormally small ears or anything, but they ARE small because I'm a small girl. The headphones did not fit my ears well. They kept falling off and not staying in well. They are very nice though. My boyfriend has more normal sized ears and they fit perfectly on him. He loved them. I would just say not to get this product if you are a small person with kind of small ears. Otherwise, it is a great product.
on March 21, 2006
I bought these headphones about a month ago and they are by far my favorite to use for running. I had previosuly another pair of sony headphones (MDR-G57G) but I didn't like having the foam on my ears collecting sweat. The sound quality is a bit "tinny" compared to nicer over the ear headphones -- but with some tweaking of the eq settings in my mp3 player I get pretty decent sound. How the headphones fit in my ear did take some time to get used to, but they do stay on my ears during running. Overall, I'd highly recommend these headphones for sports use.
on January 6, 2007
I was originally introduced to these when a previous boss bought them so we could listen to interviews for long periods of time. I found that they were so comfortable that I even forgot they were in - which is something I CAN'T say about the stock earbuds that came with my iPod.

When I wanted to buy some new earbud-type headphone, I immediately turned to these again. They are easy to put on, and contrary to what some of the other reviews say, they stay put in my ears. My husband runs long distances and I bought him a pair and he loves them.

Pros:

- Comfortable

- They stay put (for me at least)

- They come in lots of fun colors (as I girl, I like that)

Ho-hum:

- The sound. It's not bad, but it's not GREAT either. Just good for listening to music on my iPod, really.

- The cords. They're very thin and they get tangled up really easily.

- They are very...obtrusive. They are definitely not hidden in your ear...you have these brightly colored thing all around your ear. Could be a little more than most people want out of an earbud headphone.
on March 29, 2014
They are OK, but just that.
I use them for running. I used to run with the Sony MDR-W08L which was $8.99, but now the price has become TENfold. So I needed another pair of running headphones.
They are adequate. Sound is OK, but the bass is not half as good as the MDR-W08L. Nor is the sound volume. They do really stay put when you place them in the ear.
One advantage (over the MDR-W08L): because I am a heavy sweater (and running in 30C/85F weather) some earpieces tend to flood and clog so you don't hear a thing anymore on the ear. Not this one. Because they have a different design for the sound holes (no holes on the back of the earpiece) they can't clog.
Oh and did I really order PINK? I guess I have. They are the most awful candy stick pink you can imagine. If you don't like that (and you are male like me) be careful to select the correct color.
So two stars off for sound quality, but add one for sweat resistance.
on October 22, 2003
After never being satisfied with headphones, I have finally found the perfect pair. They are so comfortable, you forget that you have them on!!!!!! I use them at the gym, and at New York Jet Home Games {with - Sony SRF-M37V TV/Weather/AM/FM Radio Walkman }. Simply the best & most comfortable!!!! I have them in three different Colors!!
on March 10, 2015
My ears are on the small side, and for years these Sony headphones have been the ONLY pair that stay on my ears! All ear buds fall right out. These fit comfortably around and inside my ears and never fall out. They last a long time, so I usually only need to replace them once every few years. But these particular Sony headphones are all I will ever buy!
on April 9, 2007
Very comfortable. I have small ears and still have no problems with these guys staying on while I'm working out. I'm very picky about my headphones at the gym and I am very pleased with these. Can't beat the price either!

See 1 answered question