Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on December 9, 2003
I've had the Key 003 for a little over two weeks now, and I have to say that I have been extremely happy with it.
PROS:
- very durable magnesium body (great improvement over plastic!)
- excellent sound, and LOUD.
- the built-in USB port is very handy, and it's great not to bother with cables. I have used mine in both Windows XP and Windows 2000 without having to install the software at all. It's recognized as just another drive and automatically installs itself.
- easy drag and drop file transfers.
- holds roughly 15 songs at 128k. (I like the smaller size because I'm usually never far away from my computer for long enough to warrant huge memories like the iPod, etc., and it makes the files easier to manage.)
- it doubles as a 2nd hard drive, which I never really thought I would use but boy have I ever! It has essentially replaced my floppy drive and is very convenient.
- it has an internal battery and recharges itself when plugged into the computer. Internal lasts about 6 hours, and the external battery adaptor with a AAA lasts about 10 hours.
CONS:
- the in-cord remote control takes some time to get used to. Buttons on the player itself would have been much more convenient.
- the earbuds are strange to deal with (though they produce good sound), but using the in-cord remote with a pair of regular headphones leave you with a huge length of cord to drag around.
- no LCD, but with just a small amount of songs, it's not really necessary.
Overall a wonderful little player. Highly Recommended!
on December 25, 2003