Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on January 13, 2007
This is the thickest of the hp paper, and honestly the best I've ever seen used for photos. I would highly recommend it for use in picture frames. I would not recommend using it for regular photo albums, because of cost. PLus the fact that regular photos are better glossy. I used this paper with my HP photosmart 8750, and got the museum photo quality it suggest. Hope I helped your decision.
on May 28, 2009
Excellent heavyweight paper. It has just the right amount of satin matte finish to diffuse reflections. On my HP Photosmart printer it gives me fantastic images, with much better color rendition and contrast than regular warehouse brand gloss paper. I now use this for all my prints that I like to frame.

One of the nice things about this paper is the coating on the back side of the paper that prevents papers from sticking together when stacked.

One caution - if you use pigment based inkjet printers, this paper is not for you. Use this for all dye based inkjet printers, which a vast majority are. In the HP Photosmart range, as of this writing, only the Pro B9180 and Pro B8850 are pigment based inkjet printers.
on June 7, 2013
This used to be the best photo paper around. Unfortunately, not anymore. The old Premium Plus was manufactured in Switzerland and had a rough non-stick back. The print quality was stellar. The new paper is manufactured in Germany, the back is smooth, and the print quality is horrible. Prints come out looking hazy and washed out, with wrong colors. The first time this happened I though it was my printer - nope, same result on two other printers, besides, other papers worked just fine. I assumed I just got a defective batch, and returned it. Today I got the replacement and... same awful results. I did some research and learned that apparently HP was having major leadership problems. HP, you don't solve your problems by lessening the quality of your products. I won't be buying this again.
77 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2011
BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE by HP to do away with this paper and call the new paper "BETTER"??? By whos standards??? This is the BEST paper out there and HP says they will not be making it anymore. I hope HP listens to the customer and change things back. The "NEW" paper is not worth $34 a box!!!
on October 19, 2009
I print out hundreds of pictures each year and I only use this paper in the soft gloss. It has such a nice feel and the colors are brilliant. It's the best!
on February 15, 2012
In terms of the finish on the paper, i'd give it a 4 out of 5. I think that it's the perfect amount of gloss, as full glossy on 8.5x11 is a bit much i think. However comparing the texture of this paper to Illford Galerie Classic Pearl, the Illford is much smoother/finer texture. In terms of price, the HP cost's 1/4 of the price of the Illford, and makes it a very good day to day 8.5x11 photo paper. Colour reproduction is still very good, not quite as vibrant as the illford, again most likely due to the rougher texture, and the actual gloss/sheen on the illford is much nicer. The HP is thicker and has some HP logo's and markings on the back, whereas the Illford is slightly thinner but has a very nice finish on the back, that's blank, and I've printed on it with great results for a couple projects. Hence another reason i gave the HP 4 out of 5 stars.

The differences are so minimal between the two, but the way I put it is if you were to frame both, you probably wouldn't notice a difference which says a lot about the HP. However if you were to display the print bare, or pass it around, hands down the Illford feels better and looks better up close.
on December 13, 2013
This is one I use regularly for clients requiring some of the best photos available. It has a visually pleasing texture which also limits finger marks which glossy prints are prone to. Of the number of times clients have handled prints and left finger print on the finish..., it is so irritating to see but this finish avoids that nicely. The Soft Gloss produces a great print when used with the proper printer settings setting and I have never had one complaint, actually people more often compliment the prints and they show well when professionally framed.
If you look up the Wilhelm Imaging Research permanence ratings you'll find it lasts from 78 years to 200 years depending on type of ink used (HP Vivera recommended) combined with storage / preservation conditions which is as good as it gets. I know I won't any complaints for fading for sure. Today consumers can produce prints which compete with professional grade photos right at home and this is one of the components. This one is a big seller.
on April 16, 2013
I have been ordering this paper for quite awhile and LOVE it...
so ordered a new supply...same picture on front of box, same
description of paper BUT the paper is not the same that I ordered
preciously....it is much shinier and slicker. This is ok if this
is what you want...I didn't. Now hunting for some paper I will like.
on November 29, 2010
Very good paper for matte lovers!!

i am not fond of glossy paper. Matte is what i like most and this paper has it all. It is VERY thick. Excellent quality. Now i wish i had a better color printer...
on December 6, 2013
Buy far the most realistic photo paper on the market for HP. The prints are incredible, with a print life measured in decades. I have printed hundreds of photos on this paper and will continue to only use it the future.

I've been a portrait photographer for 25yrs and have be printing my own on dye-sub or ink jet since 1999. Dye-sub rules when speed is needed, but side by side with Kodak Dye-sub, traditional wet prints and the HP prints (Vivera inks) clients always prefer the HP prints on PPP paper.