Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 24, 2011
a 150-pack box usually lasts us about 4 months with one mid-size dog. These Wee-Wee pads are fine, but they used to be better -- does anyone remember when the blue borders used to be made of an absorbent material with a continuous plastic underlay? I think the design changed about a year ago, but since then, if my dog miss-aims and urinates too close to the blue border, urine leaks through the pad onto the floor, whereas before, the plastic underlay locked in the moisture from leaking out.
1111 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2011
I've been using wee wee pads of various brands for about 4 years now. I first trained my Havanese to use them as a puppy when I lived in a New York City apartment. I've continued using them for convenience while I am working and because he prefers them to going outside in poor weather. I now have a second puppy who is also training on them.

My absolute favorite brand of wee pads is called Paw Trax. They have an incredibly fast absorbing gel inside that nothing I've found matches. I've only found them online on two dog specialty websites, but they are pretty pricey at about $.50 each! Not wanting to break the bank, I went in search of other brands. At first I discounted Wee Wee Pads because my local pet superstore sold them at such an outrageous price that the Paw Trax were a better deal. Then, I found them on Amazon at a much better price, especially for the 100 pack.

These pads, while not the best in my opinion, absorb fairly quickly and are more absorbent than some of the other bargain brands. The only problem I've experienced with them is that sometimes the pee seems to expand fairly wide when it is absorbing, which means it's only good for one use. Having two dogs, sometimes that means my second dog will not use the pad if I'm not around to change it. Other than that issue, I've never encountered anything else negative such as seeping through the plastic liner, etc.

I'm also fond of the Nature's Miracle Advanced pads which are larger and better suited for multiple uses. While these don't seem to absorb as quickly, they don't expand out as much. That combined with their larger size makes them ideal for my multi-dog home. Had I only had a single dog though, they might be a bit too large unless I was planning on leaving them out for extended periods while away.
33 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2005
Four Paws Wee-Wee Pads are Super Absorbent. My Poodle has been using them for the past 5yrs. When I first got him we were living in a condo in the Las Vegas and was much too hot for his paws to go out for "potty breaks" during the day. He got use to using Wee-Wee pads during the daytime and went out at night.

We moved a few months later to a cooler climate but my work schedule was so chaotic that I never knew when I'd be home to let him out. He was wee-wee pad trained. So I'd leave a wee-wee pad out for those times when I couldn't make it home in time or when he was on allergy medicine that made him drink more water than normal.... and he'd use them.

5yrs have past and I still leave one out for him but normally I return home to find it dry and I let him out and that's that... but for those times when I do find it wet or when he has been ill I'm glad I left them there since I have little to no mess to clean.

(Note: these are also great for Seniors who can't take their dogs out or who do not want to go out after nightfall).

~FallenMoon
22 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2010
I have ordered from them 3-4 times this year since I got a puppy in May, and now my order from August - my latest box - is a rip off. It's still "four paws" but it's not the same kind of pad. The pads they used to send were the good kind that look and felt softer and actually worked. The new kind is thin and more coarse and does not absorb much at all. HUGE difference. It is much cheaper quality.

This is a very sneaky move. They know that I won't bother sending it back because it's not worth it to ship it and get what becomes a partial refund. I end up losing money. So you win, you can keep my money. But you won't be getting any more. If you had sent me the kind that I had always gotten from you, you would have had my business indefinitely. Now you ruined it. Enjoy this bad review.

Oh yea, if you decide to do the right thing and send me the real product I wanted for free, I will take this down. I'm not sure if Amazon allows you to delete a comment, but I will at the very least amend this one. But for now, everyone, DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT, as of September 2010, they are selling the CHEAP VERSION.
1111 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2012
I have 2 (4lb) small breed puppies 1 female and 1 male just so you have a picture. The puppies were definitely attracted to the pads and it was very easy to get them to use the pads which I am grateful. The first pads I ever purchased were the Natures Miracle Advanced Wee Pads and not by choice I just walked in having just gotten my puppies and grabbed the first thing I came across. Now Natures Miracle was a tad expensive so I started looking for another brand more in my price range so I did a lot of research and this brand was rated high by people, then as luck would have it Pet Supplies Plus had a great sale on Four Paws Wee-Wee Pads, now after some use and after the excitement of them actually using the pads I started to become a tad disappointed. You pay a good dollar for these pads and I started to notice things, the size is smaller than the other pads and the 23x23 size meant I had to use 2 of them in my crates and on a side note the actual size of usable pad is 21x21. They are pretty thin and I have felt dampness on the underside of these pads which is a problem since they were sitting on carpet( I have since bought crate replacement trays). When the pups went tinkle it would just sit on the top of the fabric and pool before actually soaked in allowing the pups to walk thru it and tracking it on my carpet. When the female went tinkle she pretty much use up a good portion of the pad so I was changing them often so the price savings now has gone out the door. I also found there was no odor control with these pads.
So now I have tried Four Paws Wee-Wee pads, Dynarex Under pads(worst),Simply Right Super Absorbent under pads(very good-still use) and Natures Miracle Advanced Wee Pads(still use)and find Natures Miracle Advanced Ultra is the best by far for doggie wee pads!
I have to admit I am impressed on how absorbent Natures Miracle Advanced Ultra turned out to be. They claim to hold 6 cups of liquid and I believe it, this is the only pad with Polymer in it, Polymer helps absorption and keeps the spread of the liquid to a minimum getting more use out of the pad, this pad is also fantastic at keeping odor absorbed. I find Petsmart is the only place I can get these pads in-store in my area. The pad size is larger than the other wee pads at 27x23 compared to 23x24 and Natures usable pad area is pretty close to the 27x23 size where the other pads can be up to 4inches smaller in usable area size (so your 23x24 pad is actually 19x21 inches)because the blue border is non-absorbent and not usable(Dynarex brand)!! I just bought Natures Miracle Advanced Ultra on sale at Petsmart, 100pads for $39 which is a great price but I only use these in my crate due to that high price and for visit at friends houses. For daily use, I now go with Simply Right Super Absorbent 23x36 under pads from Sam's club which is also a very good product, not bad at keeping odor at bay, the size fits replacement crate trays, more room for 2 pups to use and best of all the cheap price tag of $24 for 120 pads and they are sold in-store, no need to order online. I will admit I would use these pads again if need be but there is no real savings in them as you do use more.
on July 21, 2015
I've been purchasing potty pads from this company for almost a year. With each order comes a slight decrease in quality. At one point it was clear that four paws had enlisted a different manufacturer because the product was folded differently. Now, however, the quality has dropped dramatically. The pads aren't even sealed to their backing. It almost looks like a product defect. It's strange. When you hold the pad up to the light, you can clearly see where the material thins out and separates from its backing. I wish I had ordered several boxes this time last year so I would still have some thick good-quality pads on hand. Based on the reviews I am seeing, this is a hit or miss depending on which lot # you get. Totally bummed out this time.
review image review image review image
on August 27, 2015
Not the brand they used to be. For the same size pet, I used to get FOUR uses from this. Now, I get at most 2, sometimes only ONE!? If s/he went in the middle, it spread EVERYWHERE, so sometimes, ONE use for a 3-4 pound pet. NOT at all absorbent. Even worse, if s/he went near the edge (still on the white), it would leak out and onto the floor! This company spends more on FALSE ADVERTISING, then the quality of their product nowadays. Total TRASH. I switched to SIMPLE SOLUTIONS, and everyone was much happier, cleaner, and with more money saved.
on September 19, 2011
So many types of pads are junk or poorly made. I had experimented around and I was using (and very happy with) the Gridlock puppy pads. I was purchasing the 100 pack. Then I saw these Four Paws Wee Wee pads in the 150 pack for only 3 dollars more, so I decided to give them a try. I honestly can't say they're better than the Gridlock pad, but I can say that they certainly seem to be equal in quality and absorbency.

With purchasing of either of these pads on Amazon, the 100 pack of Gridlock pads figure out to about .36 cents per pad, these figure out to .25 cents per pad.

I'm very pleased and recommend them.
on July 13, 2011
My latest shipment of Four Paws Wee-Wee Pads is a huge disappointment. I have been using them for years and this latest shipment is anything but absorbent. I have a five pound dog and find that I must change the pad four to five times a day. If they are of the sad illusion that it will make me buy more product they are sadly mistaken. Will find another vendor - Four Paws lost me as a client.
on January 2, 2012