Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 29, 2005
I was sure hoping for a lot more!

The PC input was the first thing that attracted me to this unit. I thought, Hey, I could use this as a second monitor and switch over to watch TV when needed. What could be better? Plus, this was an open-box unit that I got for hundreds less than the retail price so I snatched it up thinking, How bad could it be? Well to quote Elaine on Seinfeld, "Oh, it be!"

The picture quality is the real issue (sound isn't an issue because you can always use computer speakers to improve that). In order to make viewing even tolerable you need to place it about 6 feet away from your eyeballs. So that makes using it as a computer monitor a useless proposition. Move it closer and the fuzziness will drive you crazy.

Basically, it's a product that would have been quite acceptable 5 years ago, but with today's technology it's really disappointing. So here's a word of advice: Don't do what I did - buy on impulse. Instead, head out to your local electronics store and make sure you're totally satisfied with the picture quality before purchasing. If purchasing a unit with PC input, plug in a laptop and make sure you're happy with the image. Once you find the model you like, head back to the Web and shop wisely. Not following my own advice has probably cost me more than $100 in shipping return costs. Good luck!
on June 26, 2006
Well, when i first connected it, I thought, eh, but then i thought, damn, I paid 235 dollars for this 20 inch television with a 4 year replacement warranty on it. So thats not so bad. Its not horrible but much like the other user review stated, you have to be a couple of feet away from it. Its a perfect offering for someone with a small bedroom that wants a good cable feed or something similar.
on January 1, 2007
This LCD TV is awesome have a multiple and reliable use compare to just LCD itself and the price. I recommended this product especially if you love downloading big files or doing some office work and suddenly got bored, all you need to do is change the source and there you go instant TV with 180 channels to choose from.