Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Telex PH-88 - Headset ( semi-open )
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 3, 2011
I bought this headset while I was recently assistant stage managing a musical. It was a great purchase and I'm really happy with it. It's extremely comfortable to wear for long periods of time backstage (personally, I think it's way more comfortable than the larger, more bulky models). I wouldn't necessarily categorize this as a complaint, but the only downside I found is that it was sometimes difficult to hear what was going on actually on the headset during loud musical numbers (when the audio monitors were cranked loudly pumping the orchestra backstage and 40 people tap dancing on stage). The larger models (with the big ear muff) do insulate more, making it easier to hear on the headset when there's a lot of extraneous noise around. But, the sound quality is great in both directions, and it connected flawlessly into my theater's Telex system. The plusses for me outweighed the negatives, and I just turned the volume a little higher when I needed to and didn't switch back to my old, larger, headset. My next two shows will be a "quieter" musical (ie- no tap dancing) followed by a straight play, so I have a feeling this headset will be flawless for those shows. Having a comfortable headset is a must for me. I wear it way too much during long runs for it not to be comfortable!

I gave the construction quality 5 stars because so far it has held up perfectly for me and I believe it'll continue to do so. If I were buying headsets to have in stock for people renting out the theater, or for a school theater or something, I'd probably go with one of the other Telex models, just because they're a little sturdier. Not that this one is flimsy, but, without testing it, I think there are other Telex models that may hold up better to the extreme abuse these things get in some venus.
on March 24, 2016
Great headset, comfortable and works as you expect. My only negative comment is that the PH-88 on Amazon is labeled has having a male 4 pin connector when in fact it has a female four pin connector. Would be nice if there was some kind of gender changing cable or adapter available to make it work on both M & F systems as there are still some belt packs that require male and some that require female connectors. I'll keep looking for one and if I can't find one I'll make my own. I just finished a 20 day show and wore the PH-88 through the whole thing and it was totally comfortable, good sound and accurate mic.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
I've always loved the comfort of the PH-88 headset. I ordered this one in a pinch because mine broke on show-site and I needed a new one quick. I was surprised and initially upset to find that it came with a coiled "telephone" type cable...but since using it a few times, I actually prefer it because it doesn't get tangled and stays neat. Great buy!
on April 1, 2016
I got this to replace a particularly uncomfortable headset at work. I love it! It's like wearing a whisper, very light and comfortable. My stage manager's voice sounded like angels farting in my ear. Great product, I recommend highly.
on March 26, 2015
I had several of these headsets and I love the light weight, but ALL the ones I own (3) have broken in the same spot at the ear piece and the microphone, construction is very light. Given that this area is the one that gets the most tension I'm surprised of how the desing was so flimsy developed
on March 18, 2016
exactly what I needed, with xlr4 female connector
on May 27, 2016
Great headset and very comfortable!