Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gold Toe Men's 3-Pack Metropolitan Over-the-Calf Dress Socks
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 23, 2006
Some of the best socks I've owned. They wear well and look good. I especially like never having to pull up my socks.
on December 29, 2009
I've ordered and appreciate several other versions of Gold Toe brand over-the-calf socks, including the (sadly discontinued) Auro series, black athletic socks, and the AquaFX socks (very nice). These Metropolitan socks, however, are awful in every situation I've tried. In cool & dry dress shoes they are slippery, and too thin to provide any cushion or abrasion resistance. In heavier shoes or when walking any distance, they become a sweaty mess because nylon is non-absorbent and provides no wicking or in-shoe airflow. I've never before had problems with my feet smelling bad, but after a week of these nylon disasters, my shoes started to smell because moisture-wise these socks are as good as going barefoot. Eeew. I threw them away, disinfected my shoes, and went back to a cotton blend.
on July 16, 2005
This nylon dress sock is the most confortable of any that I have owned. It stretches to a very desirable fit on the leg. It is one of the great dress socks especially when new.
Gold Toe makes a wonderful Men's Metropolitan over the calf dress sock. The stretch nylon is actually rather comfortable; and it feels even smoother after a wash with fabric softener! These socks are both durable and very appropriate for business environments. They can be used with "sporty casual" attire, too.

Amazon notes that these socks are "only made from the finest yarns." They mean it! Gold Toe socks keep your feet comfortable; and they are very well made and last forever. I especially like the way that they are reinforced at the heel and toe for lots and lots of wear

The socks also fit any shoe size between 7 and 12; therefore it is almost one size fits all. A big plus! I also like that the toe area is literally made from gold colored fibers. Great!

I would not dry these socks at high temperatures. This could result in the sock becoming too loose on your foot. Eventually they will "bunch up" or just slowly begin to slide down your legs when you wear them and that's very uncomfortable and possibly even embarrassing. Dry these fine socks at a lower temperature.

Overall, you can't go wrong buying Gold Toe socks. They are manufactured so well that you definitely get your money's worth. A great deal!
on August 14, 2011
I cannot understand why these socks , not too long ago available in the mens department at nearly every department or mens clothing store , have disappeared from their shelves , except maybe we have become a flip-flop and sneaker society . Most comfortable available for long days wear , cool and lightweight , and from my experience , the longest wearing .
on April 22, 2015
I am. Have been tired of wasting my money on department store crap shoots on dress socks. Most of the socks that I buy start falling down around my ankles after wearing them a few times. So did some research. Bought the Gold Toe OTC Windsors, the OTC Canterbury, and the OTC Metropolitan. Wore each for a day and took notes. All of them stayed up all day long. My favorites are the Windsor socks that were the most comfortable, and the high wool content provided good moisture wicking. My second favorite were the Canterbury socks. They were fairly comfortable, but being mostly cotton had poor moisture wicking. My least favorite were the Metropolitan. They were all synthetic material, were somewhat sheer, and just felt very tight all day. Looked forward to taking them off after work. Overall, two thumbs up for the Windsors!
on January 27, 2016
Nice socks, fit snugly but not too tight, exactly as a dress sock should. Go up over the calf as described and stay there all day even with lots of walking. Would buy these same ones again next time they're needed.
on August 25, 2014
The elastic is only at the top of the sock so it tends to fall down as the elastic rides down your calf. The top of the sock also felt narrow compared to the Canterbury OTC socks I bought at the same time. Would not buy these again due to fit.
on February 13, 2016
This is the best men's dress socks that I have ever worn. I prefer the over the calf as when I cross my legs in a meeting, you do not see the top of the sock and the leg. They are easy to care for and are long lasting.
on February 10, 2015
OMG these might as well be panty hose. Over the calf is right, then over your knee and up your thigh. I've never worn this kind before and must admit I did not know I ordered over the calf. I can guarantee you one thing. I will be paying a lot more attention to the descriptions on these Amazon orders. They keep grouping different Items together.