Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 16, 2012
I have been wearing gold toe socks for 20 years (both white and black). Just bought this pack, and am shocked on how cheap this socks have been made. The socks shed lint like crazy. The quality of the materials has changed for the worse. I would not buy these socks again.
1212 comments|329 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2014
4/22/14 -- Original Review: Gold toe socks last forever, after daily use my husbands socks needed to be replaced after five(ish) years. Yes the socks are expensive, but would you rather buy the ones in the local stores where you need to replace them after six months to a year?

The toe never wears out, its normally the heel that eventually goes. The calf part of the socks always maintains its elasticity regardless of the fact that my husband is a big man and stretches them while in use.

5/2/14 -- Updated review: NOT THE SAME QUALITY!!!! My husband's socks are wearing out the day that he picks them up out of the bag. He works in a retail store and is on his feet 8 hours a day, by the time he gets home a LARGE whole the size of a dollar coin is in them. Previously I'd purchased this in a retail location but I expected Amazon to have the same thing, maybe Gold Toe's quality has gone down significantly... well something is obviously wrong here.
review image review image
44 comments|262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2009
These socks generate incredible amounts of lint, or as another reviewer called it fluff - little shreds of material that fall off everywhere and I kid you not still going strong after 10 months. I think it may actually regenerate somehow, the total quantity of liny would seem to exceed the original weight of the socks when new.
22 comments|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2013
These USED to be my husband's favorite socks. I buy him some every holiday season. Well, some time between last Christmas and this Christmas they must have decided to cheap out on the quality. The new ones I gifted him this Christmas have already started getting holes in the toe after ONE use! He says he noticed the difference in quality before even putting them on and I can as well. The sock material is much thinner with these new ones. I'm extremely disappointed and if I could give 0 I would. When companies decide to cheap out on a great product (which seems to happen more and more these days) it's a real shame.
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2012
This is sad. I've been buying these sock for 30 years without a problem. Now they are worthless junk. They raised the polyester/nylon count, shortened the length, but worse still is how uncomfortable they are. Fools, but I guess you can count me in that group because I bought them here despite the warning posted here on Amazon. I found some Burlington socks that will do for now but they don't stay up the way the old Gold Toes did. Pitty.
If you buy these you don't have anyone to blame but yourself (at least that is how I feel). I guess I just couldn't bring myself to understand what type of business decision would be involved in ruining a product that had such a great reputation. If it was a money thing, many of us would have gladly payed more for quality. These socks are bad news.
44 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2005
Soft, fuzzy, stretchy, fairly thick, and they look great. Everything you could want in a sock.

I just bought my third 6-pack of these and tossed all my old socks.

Update: After a few months, I have to admit, I am getting pretty annoyed with the way they still shed little bits of fuzz everywhere. I still find them comfortable and attractive, but they leave enough balls of fuzz behind after I take them off that the bedroom needs to be vacuumed more frequently than it otherwise might have to. I'm not sure why the cloth sheds so much fuzz, but it still does, even after several washings.
44 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
I bought size 10-13 and wear a size 11 shoe. I am thinly built yet the top band was so constrictive as to leave deep indentations to my legs. Because of the discomfort, I was not able to continue wearing them. Where is quality control anymore?
44 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2013
Gold Toe, once the best sock around, is now trash. The quality is gone, and it's obvious that this new sock has been made on-the-cheap. Those expecting something similar to the ones you got at Costco years ago, are going to be as disappointing as I am. Tons of cotton stuck on your heel after each wear, and the shedding just seems to get worse with time. Sorry for the bad news.
on March 3, 2009
I bought two packs of these after reading all the good reviews. But after only three weeks, they are already getting holes in the heels! I have foot problems, so I never walk around without shoes--it's not like I'm going barefoot in them. I'm very disappointed!
on November 22, 2006
Guys, this is it, you've found the holy grail in socks. I've been wearing these for about 6 years and they are awesome.

If you need to wear colored socks for your work, these are the best you can find. Imagine pulling on your favorite pair of athletic socks - that's what these feel like; they are plenty thick to absorb moisture and provide excellent comfort when wearing dress shoes, and look excellent. It's almost feels like cheating. I even run in mine (when nobody's looking).

If you are still wearing little thin dress socks that your mommy bought you - you've just found your new man sock. I'm online buying probably my 10th pack, and one for a friend's birthday - that's how good they are. Don't let the "Cotton" description fool you into thinking they are going to lose their shape - they have 17% nylon and 1% spandex so the stretch and maintain their shape for a long time. If you have big feet like mine (size 12) DEFINTELY get the King Size - they don't have to stretch as much and will last longer.

Oh, and the black fuzzies on the first wear? Get over it man.
99 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse