Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Northwestern Bell 35178-M2 5.8 GHz Cordless Phone with Answering System
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 28, 2007
I bought two of these phones, one for a Christmas present for my Mom and one for me, the one for a gift did not work right out of the box so I had to send it back for a refund. I kept the other and do I ever regret it! It has poor reception, and interference all the time. The answering machine is of poor quality as well, and will malfunction at times causing me to loose messages,and outgoing messages. I was also supposed to receive a rebate which still has not arrived,and am sceptical as to whether it will. Do yourself a favor, overlook this one!!
on January 15, 2008
Do you recall scenes in comedy sketches where a character opens a box anticipating a great gift only to be surprised with a trick gag often landing the unsuspecting character a punch in the face? Well ... when I opened my Northwestern Bell cordless telephone with answering machine, my first thought was, "Did this initially retail for $106+?" I immediately knew I'd been duped. I had hoped for a bargain. Instead, I would have been better off burning the $42.05 I spent (with shipping and handling). The cheap plastic body was worse than the $3 toy telephone I gave my granddaughter years ago. I took a deep breath, read the instructions, and allowed the cordless to charge overnight. I took the first call the next day using the Northwestern Bell cordless. Do you know what happened? I felt as if I had a pie thrown in my face. The static was worse than the reception you might expect on toy walkie-talkies you'd buy for a three year old. The LED was faint and difficult to read, the incoming call volume was barely audible (even with the volume set on high), and the caller could not hear me well. I finally gave up and returned the call using my old telephone. I never bothered testing the answering machine. Why would I? Now for my advice. DO NOT BUY THE NORTHWESTERN BELL CORDLESS! In fact, if it is ever advertised for free, don't accept it. Remember, "The only 'free cheese' is in a mouse trap." While there is nothing wrong with shopping for a bargain (sometimes it does pay off), avoid labels/manufactures you're not familiar with. Also, ask others what their experience has been with a product/label you've not used before. Finally, a true bargain is a product which lives up to its reputation for quality and reliability. The bottom line lesson ... BUYER BEWARE!
on January 9, 2007
the phone has static so bad i can not hear. I wish I had return it
on September 16, 2008
do not go near this phone. the screen display disintegrates, the static is terrible, the answering machine records messages at an inaudible volume, and the touchpad wears out, causing incomplete dialing. probably the worst phone ever made.