Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on December 14, 2008
Well, after 2 years of nearly daily use my carafe broke. Reading the other reviews made me realize that I wasn't the only one dealing with the annoying problem of the water/coffee dripping from the rim every time you poured liquid out. I wish it wouldn't do that.... it drives me crazy having to reach for a rag every time I pour a cup of coffee!
on November 16, 2008
I purchased this decanter as a replacement for one that I broke. This decanter is poorly designed. The opening is too small to make cleaning easy, and water tends to get trapped underneath the plastic ring surrounding the opening. The only reason I bought the replacement is because it was cheaper than buying a whole new coffee maker. If you are considering this coffee maker I would recommend moving on to another choice.
on April 18, 2008
I ordered this replacement because the original one would leak from the black piece, water gets trapped in between the glass & the black top piece (not lid) and drips down the side after turning right side up after filling water tank. This replacement does the same thing so I believe it to be a manufacture flaw. This is the only replacement I have found to fit my coffee maker:(
55 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2008
This product is pretty good. The only problems are: the lid tends to be very loose and comes off easily, it is neccessary to completely invert the decanter in order to empty it, and it is extremely fragile.
on April 3, 2011
I must say, I'm extremely disappointed in this product. In less than 12 months, I've already had to replace the damn thing 3 times because the glass keeps cracking due to the heat. How can the maker fail to make a coffee pot that can withstand hot temperature? it's absolutely ridiculous. Couple that with the fact the rim is too small and it's difficult to get your hand in the pot to wash it out, and that the handle has been loose on all 3 pots, I can safely say I'm never purchasing a Mr. Coffee coffee maker again.
on June 28, 2013
Just like it says ... Mr. Coffee's Replacement Decanter for FT and IS Series coffee makers.

If you are here, then you, like me, broke your old one. This is the correct replacement, and it's a good price. BB&B used to carry these, but no more. That's fine, Amazon is always cheaper.

There are a lot of reviews here criticizing the coffee maker. If you don't like the coffee maker, then don't buy a replacement pot, go get a different coffee maker. DUH! I, for one, love my coffee maker. I am on my second, as my first one got tired after 8 years of 2+ pots per day. We have broken several pots, because I live in a house of teenagers. But, my coffee tastes best from glass, so, I can deal it, because I have Amazon to buy a new pot when the kids break one.

Let's address the whines and gripes of all the other reviews ...

Pros:
1) This is the EXACT replacement pot for FT/IS coffee makers. Buy this one!
2) Great Price.

Cons:
1) It breaks. It's glass. If you can't handle glass things, go to Starbucks
2) No, it doesn't leak, but it will dribble if you tilt it back, because the overflow is in the back of the pot
3) Yes, the top will pop off. This is so you can clean it. Pick it up, and pop it back on. Problem solved.
4) Some have complained that coffee or soapy water stays under lid. Try rinsing. I use the kitchen sink, works well for me.
5) The top is very small, making it hard for big hands to wipe the inside clean. Get a paper towel and a wooden spoon, wipe it out (never use soap on your coffee pot, just wipe out the oils).

I love my coffee ... I love my Mr. Coffee FT series pot.
on January 30, 2010
This replacement part was indicated for my new coffee maker, LWXSS33, on the original packaging but it didn't fit. What I needed was the ISD 17. The shape was right but the plastic lid wasn't tall enough. However,I did have a lid from the old decanter and it fit perfect. I complained to Mr.Coffee, Sunbeam or who ever owns them now about it and they sent me a new one free of charge. In fact they have replaced the whole LWXSS33 free of charge on another matter I had with it Now the decanter over all is fragile and the how original cracked, I haven't a clue. The replacement is doing well still after a month and a half.Overall I'm neutral on this purchase but now I have 2 choices for replacements in the future and what an nice company to work with.
on October 9, 2008
This is the second replacement pot we had to buy for this pot. It is so expensive, and if you don't treat it right, it'll shatter. DO NOT leave the maker on with less than half an inch of coffee in the pot for any lenghth of time, as this will weaken the integrity of the pot. Saying that, this is the correct pot and I still would have bought it.
on February 5, 2014
Our original decanter sprang a leak after being banged a little too hard against a porcelain sink. This replacement arrived promptly and has been doing its job well. One of the reasons I bought a Mr. Coffee was because I wanted to be sure if we needed a replacement part in the future it would be readily available and wouldn't cost a lot. Also, the machine makes good coffee.
on November 13, 2014
Our Mr. Coffee machine works great but it got to be that every time we poured a cup of coffee more ended up on the counter than in the cup. When I took apart the plastic from the glass I saw the problem. It didn't have a gasket, it had what appeared to be hand applied silicon rubber. Manufacturing variation had this one done incorrectly.

I decided rather than tracking down food grade silicon rubber and doing it myself that I would purchase one on Amazon. I have already owned this one longer than the original with not a drop leaking.

Myself I would have preferred the design of the seal on this decanter to be different but this one is working and I get coffee, so I am good!

As an aside AZ sent me an email telling me the shipping was delayed and then the product showed up that day. So there was some confusion but it came on time and works thus the 5 stars.