Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avery CD/DVD Label Applicator ( 5699 )
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1 Pack|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 26, 2014
This makes it very easy to install printed labels on CDs. I've used this with different kinds of labels, Avery and generic, and it works equally well with all of them.
The center post (push down and twist to get it to pop up) is high enough that even the cheaper labels that tend to curl up when you take them off the backing can be aligned properly.

Pop up the center post.
Put the label (sticky side up) on the large center post.
Put the CD label side down on the small center post (I usually burn them first...just in case there's an error, I don't want to waste labels).
At this point, I use that little foam O-ring that comes on the top of the stack of CDs and put it on top of the CD.
Now I put the clear disk that comes on top of the stack of CDs on top of the foam ring.
Press down...let up...rotate 30 degrees, repeat a couple times.

Your label will be centered and fully pressed on with no edge curl or other problems. I use the foam ring and clear disk so that nothing touched the written/writable surface of the disk I'm labeling.

If you are tired of trying to put labels on by hand and wasting them or tearing them because you have to try and take them off and reposition them...you will love this applicator. (I just did a couple hundred CDs for my church choir, and using this I was able to have the labels on a disk before the next one was done burning...GREAT time saver.)
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 18, 2008
I have used the free installer that came with a CD label Kit -- a round button that clips on the holder after you have put the disc being labeled on it, but the labels didn't always center. I decided to buy this one separately, and it really is better -- far easier to work with, and centers the labels perfectly every time (as long as you remember to put the label on first, upside down, and then press the disc face down on it). It's a small thing, but really is an improvement over the free ones.
on August 22, 2007
This is my favorite and I've tried them all. The outer post is higher than most and thus handles label curl quite well. I've used it to apply many hundreds of labels without incident.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2008
This product amounts to little more than a low-tech press, but the results are fantastic. I use it to apply glossy, hub-printable labels to dual layer disks since they're not readily available in the inkjet hub printable format off the shelf. The pin in that hold the disk in place is well molded and the perfect size, leaving no lateral play. The labels ALWAYS come out perfectly straight, never off-center. I use a the blank plastic "CD" that comes in spindle packs of CDs and DVDs to press any bubbles out, works great.
I highly recommend this product even to those like myself who have CD/DVD printers. It comes in very handy for formats that aren't readily available with an inkjet printable surface. I apply the blank label first and then print the disk in my Canon ip4200 CD/DVD printer. The results are just as good as the prelableled inkjet printable disks, as long as you make sure to work out any bubbles first.
This product is simple yet functional and an excellent value for the price. :)
on October 22, 2008
I had a different applicator---- buy this one. Use a clear plastic disc (that comes in cd/dvd stacks) to finish the job. Perfect every time!
on January 24, 2014
This clever little adapter makes easy what, without it, would be very tricky: lining up two circular objects of exactly the same sides with no error. With DVDs, there is no margin of error. A misapplied label can cause functionality problems in the drive reading the disc.

I am not a techie but I got this right the first time: superimposing first the label, then the disc, then pushing the center plunger to pop out a perfectly labeled disc. If you're going to the trouble of printing your labels, a few bucks spent on this gadget will make the process of attaching your labels much easier. And the result looks completely professional.
on September 22, 2009
I am using this cd/dvd applicator with a Memorex cd label pack. Memorex offers a free download for exPressit which allows for quick and easy templates and design to put on the labels ([...]). The applicator is simple to use, I simply put a label that has already been printed with a design onto the applicator, put a cd/dvd upside down onto the applicator, and press down and you're done. Recommend this for anyone wanting something simple to create labels on their cd/dvds.
on January 19, 2014
I produced a bunch of DVDs and Blu-ray discs recently for friends, and I did color inkjet labels for them to make them look nice. I bought this label applicator to ensure that the labels went on properly.

On the plus side, it does a fine job of ensuring that your label is perfectly centered. Absolutely no complaints there.

On the minus side, it really doesn't help to get the label adhered to the disc. If you push down on the center of the disc, where it's safe to put your fingers, the label will stick lightly, but won't be firmly applied. You either have to mash down on the optical surface of the disc with your fingers, or (as I did) remove the disc from the applicator, put it label side up on a lint-free cloth, and press on the label from the top side.

I ended up using two lint-free cloths, so that I could put the disc down on one, then put the second cloth on top and then gently press on the label through the cloth. I start from the hub of the disc and use the side of my hand, sliding it outward outward to press the label down while hopefully not trapping any air bubbles. I work my way around the disc this way, doing maybe four to six sweeps. This produces very good results.

I wish that the applicator made this part of the process better, and I think that it could if it were designed differently.
on March 3, 2015
Leaps and bounds better than the cheap applicator I got from eBay. That one snapped after probably 200-300 disc applications.
This one feels MUCH more durable, and the grippy bottom is handy for use on my glass desk. It's nice to know not only can it not slip around when using it, but it can't scratch the surface beneath it.

Because of the setup, I believe you can apply discs with the full center punched out, or just partial center (with the larger inside ring applied with label). My label templates have the full center punched out (about the size of a 50 cent piece, versus a dime for the latter) and it works great.

There are probably a few methods you could use to apply - I put the labels on sticky-side up though (face down), and then set the disc on the risen plastic piece (face down, data side up) and push down onto the label. I usually still have to use my fingers to really smooth out any bubbles or edges, but it does much better than my previous applicator.

Avery makes good stuff, you won't regret this purchase. I've applied at least 500 labels with it and it's still like new.
on September 20, 2014
Odd way to operate, you have to rotate the center cylinder to get the larger cylinder to pop up. There is no way to press the DVD/CD down onto the label without pressing directly on the recorded side of the disk. Get one of those clear CD separator disks that come with sets of DVD/CDs and use it on top of the DVD/CD to press it against the label to get it to stick completely. Had it had a way to secure the label without having to press directly on the recorded side I might have given this 5 stars, but without it this only warrants 3.