Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 17, 2011
When I removed it from the bag I could feel the material wasn't right. The pashmina I received has a tag on it saying 55% ACRYLIC 45% VISCOSE. It is not the "70% pashmina" and "30% silk" as advertised.
0Comment| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
The scarf is nice but is falsely advertised as a Pashmina..It came with the tag sewn on stating: "55% acrylic 45% viscose, Made in China. The description stated silk and wool. NOT.
on December 2, 2005
I had seen a colleague of mine wearing this shawl. It looked gorgeous on her. That evening I promptly logged on to amazon.com and ordered one in red and the other in chocolate.

The fast delivery service didn't keep me waiting for long. The pashminas were softer and more lightweight than I had thought there were. I do have to say that the pashminas are not as soft as the ones my mother has but considering the price I paid for mine, they are fabulous. The material is on the thinner side; so don't expect it to keep you extremely warm.

The paisley self-design gives the shawl a richer look. On closer examination, I found minute dark spots on one of the shawls, but since it seemed as though it was woven in the fabric I did not bother much. Since then I have used the shawls for various occasion, both casual and formal. I love both the colors I have. And guess what - three of my friends loved my shawls and ordred the same for themselves.
0Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2010
The title of my review says it all. The shawl was crammed into a clear plastic bag that had a paper sticker on it with fabric content information. The only problem is there is NO label of any kind on the shawl itself and so you have no idea what it is actually made of. Any kind of shawl from a cheap acrylic to whatever could have been put into this wrapper. In addition, there is no fabric care label to tell you if the shawl is delicate machine washable, has to be dry cleaned or what. This violates USA import laws. Fabric must have a content and care label.
I telephoned Amazon.com customer service about the problem with the 2 shawls of this style I ordered as well as one this seller advertised as 100% cashmere and actually is 80% cashmere, 20% silk, that I also ordered. The label on that shawl says it's from clubpashmina.com.
All 3 shawls are being returned. The 2 of this style because they are not suitable for gifts with no fabric content or care labels. I have serious doubts they are the claimed 70/30 combination advertised.The other shawl because it is not the claimed 100% cashmere.
Be aware, you may not get what is shown or advertised !
on June 12, 2007
These are the types of Pashmina you can buy from the street vendors of New York for $5. They are exactly the same, even down to the slip cover packaging. The quality is acceptable, some frayed edges and very thin, but a nice stocking filler. Certainly not worth the price listed here.
on December 9, 2011
This shawl is made in China from very cheap synthetic fabric. We ordered one and the label read "Acrylic 55% and Viscose 45%." It was not Pashmina [a type of Cashmere] or silk. It felt terrible to the touch. So we sent it back and ordered again, and clearly explained to them that we will not accept anything less than Cashmere and Silk. We received the new shawls, and a cheap label "Pashmina and Silk Blend" was glued to the fabric... but it's the same fabric as before. They just changed the label. Give me a break. We returned it for a refund, no other choice. Cashmere and Silk are natural fibers. Viscose is made of cellulose, which comes from wood. My wife can tell the difference! Maybe at one time this item was made of Pashmina and Silk but NOT ANY MORE. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. As a company, Sakas Pashmina is a liar and a thief. Amazon needs to find a way to police this type of fraud.
on May 30, 2015
I order one black and one gray. Both of them arrived damaged. The black had a whole in it And some glue-like white stuff on it and the gray was actually cut crooked (see photos). After the great reviews, I thought I'd take a chance, but if you decide to, just ensure its returnable.
review image review image review image
on August 21, 2005
I have been searching everywhere for wraps for the girls in my wedding to wear. One night I happened to come across the 70% pashmina & 30% silk from Saka's. I decided to order them in black to see what they would look like b/c the internet can sometimes be deceiving. When I received them in the mail, I couldn't be more excited. They are perfect for the wedding. Soft and silky feel with a very subtle design. Not only are they dressy enough for the wedding, the girls can use them again for anything. I plan on buying more, there are a ton of colors offered. Did I mention how reasonable the price was?? Also, the handwritten note with the package was a nice touch. Thank you!!
on November 10, 2005
I ordered this for myself and once I got it I ordered several for Christmas gifts. The price is soo great I ordered extra just to have on hand in case I need a quick gift. It is very soft and the color (Chocolate Brown) was slightly patterned. It can easily be dressed up or down depending on your mood. It is exactly what I expected. It is on the thin side so if you are looking for something substantial this is not for you ( but the feel is heavenly).
on January 20, 2006
I purchased a black and a red/black pashmina. I'm going to keep the black one, but the red/black doesn't look as rich in color as it appears in the photo. It's a bit more orange-red than I would like, and isn't as elegant as the black one. The quality is good for the price, but the "original" price is a bit misleading - in my opinion they are not $100+ quality.