on February 15, 2013
This is an excellent work shirt. If you're looking for something study and tough, yet also good-looking and comfortable, this is it. I just got a second one because I love the first one so much.

I have two notes. First, the shirt doesn't shrink noticeably; it stays true to size. With washing, it just gets more and more comfortable. So far, my first one has held up well for several months. I wear it most often as a quasi-jacket over a t-shirt when I do yard work (buttoned) or around town in cool weather (unbuttoned). It works great in both cases.

Second, be careful on the sizing. I started with a Large but it was a little too large (I'm 5'9 and 160, for reference), but still wearable. Next time I ordered a Medium, but it was just a little bit too small. If you're around my size, then you may be on the fence. Get the Medium if you want it to fit like a dress shirt; or get the Large if you want it to be looser for things like doing outdoor work. Similarly, if you're between two other sizes, go up for comfort or down for crisp look.
on March 31, 2010
I find work shirts to provide comfort and durability for a wide range of activities and over the years have bought many from places like LL Bean, Lands End, and Penny's. For overall fit and quality of construction nothing beats these Wrangler shirts. Quality material, quality buttons, and quality stitching are on par with any other work shirt I have bought over the years and far better than most.

The shirts have a great cut that makes it easy to work overhead without pulling at the shirt. A nice detail is the hidden loop in the pocket.

Over the years the quality of the shirts from Lands end in particular has deteriorated and the material wears out faster and buttons break more often (and this is without the stress of dry cleaners and their aptly named mangle presses).

My only criticism is the very limited color choices available.
on June 27, 2013
I was looking to buy another Carhartt shirt for working in the woods. I do a lot of clearing of brush and blackberry thickets, and I need a tough shirt that doesn't snag on the blackberry thorns, won't tear at the seams when it's strained, can handle getting soaked regularly from rain and sweat, stays clean and is long enough to cover my middle. I can no longer find the tough Carhartt shirts I used to buy, so I looked around and found this Riggs shirt from Wrangler. I ordered one to give it a try, an XL in Forest Green.

I've been very happy with it so far. I've worn it while chain sawing through blackberries (we're talking really heavy thickets here), and no damage yet. The heavy and smooth 7 oz fabric has protected me from getting scratched and stuck by thorns. It fit me well in an XL (6ft, 205 lbs). I need the XL for the length, and often the XL shirts are too baggy. This shirt fit pretty slim for an XL, which worked for me. I thought the collar was a little tight for a workshirt.

I like that the chest pockets button closed, and don't have flaps to catch on anything. The cuffs also fit fairly tight, which I like, as loose fabric around the wrists can catch in moving parts on equipment.

The style is a little bland, but as a work shirt, it's just fine. The price is good at $27.99 compared to Carhartt.

I'll definitely be buying more and using this as my standard work and camping shirt.
on June 14, 2011
My husband swears by these shirts. We always had a tough time finding them but now thanks to online shopping that's no longer a problem. My husband gets the tall size which ensures that it stays tucked. The pockets have buttons to keep him from losing his glasses etc and the shirts are very comfortable to wear. One of the greatest things from my point of view is that they are wash and wear. I have never had to iron them and they look great. Also they last for years and years even with all the washings that I give them because of all of his shirts my husband wears these ones the most.
on February 10, 2011
We've worked outdoors in all kinds of weather; this is a new favorite winter shirt. Wrangler's Riggs shirts are very well constructed and warm; their soft thick fabric retains heat. The shirt is also quite good looking - even Borgnine-fellows could feel quite dashing. The comfortable design allows for all kinds of motion without constriction, important for hyper types, whether hard at work or reclining in the most comfy chair.
on May 26, 2015
The size chart at the time of my order was some Amazon generic thing that listed sleeve length as 8.46" -- for a long sleeved shirt?? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ajax-handlers/apparel-sizing-chart.html/ref=dp_sizechart?ie=UTF8&asin=B000A6UL1W&isUDP=1

So I went to http://www.wrangler.com/WranglerCatalogAssetStore/images/sizechart/size_chart_mens_tops.html and even Wrangler's website wasn't very accurate. So I am returning the Medium and exchanging it for a Large. But I do and will like this shirt!
review image review image
on May 12, 2011
Wrangler Logger Shirt is rugged and well put together. Many types of clothing is advertised as "Logger Wear" but are just regular work shirts, as a Wildland Fire Fighter for nearly 20 years, I can tell you that this shirt will hold up to the demand of the job.
on September 9, 2012
The shirt was thicker than I expected (which was good).
I bought the Forest green color.
I tend to wear it in the office rather than in a rough environment.

It had a good quality of finish, the color stays put through washes and I'm pleased with the purchase.
I intend to purchase more in a variety of colors.
on April 6, 2013
Heavy duty rugged long sleeve shirt - Sizing right-on - Nice Shirts!

Side-Note: The NAVY color is almost BLACK, rather than DARK-BLUE, in color
on November 2, 2014
Think I got lucky on the size. Ordered the 2X-Large. I'm 5'10" at 210 Lbs. and the 2X fits perfect..... even the sleeve length. I'm normally a 33".
The shirt is pretty nice. Fabric feels durable and think the buttons will stay on. At $25 it's a good value.
Bought this as an over-shirt to wear over a Tee, probably unbuttoned. This will suit that purpose well.
Added two more in different colors to my wish list. My hope is that Santa will be generous again this year.
So yes, I love it. Actually think it makes me look taller, slimmer and I think my hair is coming back in. A great casual shirt.